Top Reasons we still love our Dale's...

cannondale32

#11 Post by cannondale32 »

Getting told it looks like a bug lol biggrin.gif Then telling them it's a fast bug

marshall100

#12 Post by marshall100 »

If it's all possible to have a relationship with a machine, then the cannondale is surely an item that holds certain human charcteristics. As brilliant as it is, it's also deeply flawed. I always feel that taking the flag, let alone beating anyone is a real feat. Getting half way round the last lap on an enduro and willing the bike on to the flag, I know I've certainly become quite emotional at times. You pass the honda's, the suzuki's and the yamaha's and their owners stood by their rides looking at their bikes with a 'wtf?' stare on their faces, and nine times out of ten if my bike won't start, or is running strange, I usually know exactly what the cause is.

I'd certainly feel like I was betraying the bike if I sold it on for what would certainly be a pittance.

I think it's wisetech that has it in his sig, you have to earn a ride on a cannondale. The maintenance on the machines I also feel is a bit of a myth. But anyway, I've said too much.

WhiteZee

#13 Post by WhiteZee »

QUOTE (m_mcgranahan @ Jan 2 2012, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Cheap used parts market

im going to disagree on this. when i was looking at mx setups for my dale it was going to cost the same to set it up with used parts as it would cost to do my yfz....

marshall100

#14 Post by marshall100 »

If you had a moto though, what would you have to do?

who_gives_a6

#15 Post by who_gives_a6 »

QUOTE (WhiteZee @ Jan 5 2012, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im going to disagree on this. when i was looking at mx setups for my dale it was going to cost the same to set it up with used parts as it would cost to do my yfz....

It kind of depends. I got a Moto axle, long travel arms, and Fox shocks. All for roughly $750 shipped in excellent shape. And all of it was pretty good stuff. Sometimes you find great deals for generally it's alot cheaper with the Dales. KTM's were horrible on cheap parts. Great machines but you'd blow the bank modding them with decent parts. That's one reason I sold mine. The Jap bikes seem to be relatively cheap nowadays though.

marshall100

#16 Post by marshall100 »

Are there many KTM atv's in the states? I could imagine owning one being an expensive knightmare, I understand them to be exceptionally high maintenance and a bit frail?

jesshamner

#17 Post by jesshamner »

There are quite a few. I would say there are more of them than can am and kawasaki 450s judging by ridership around my riding and racing venues

who_gives_a6

#18 Post by who_gives_a6 »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Jan 5 2012, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are there many KTM atv's in the states? I could imagine owning one being an expensive knightmare, I understand them to be exceptionally high maintenance and a bit frail?

There are quite a few around. Way more than Dales, that's for sure. Well, more different owners atleast, haha. OEM parts are a nightmare for the most part and very pricey. At times can be a three month wait. The single cam XC quads are bulletproof but about the same as Dales on maintenance. The dual cam SX's are a whole different story. You think a Dale needs alot of engine updates for reliability? Triple/quadruple the cost and there's more stuff for racing too. Alot of guys can't get 40hrs out of those cranks, top ends, cams, etc. In full race mode built by Dasa and 56hp, I got 6-8hrs between top end rebuilds for example.

Makes me appreciate this community. Especially with guys like Tim helping out. Where else can you get a crank rebuild and stroke and big bore for so cheap? May take some time but well worth it.

speedracer

#19 Post by speedracer »

I too have been a sinner and cheated on my Dale many times,LOL.I have 2 GasGas ouads,1 Can-am 450,but my favorite is my Dale and by-far the fastest.I think I will own it until I am too old to ride it!One of the best things about owning a Cannondale is this forum,although I have only met a few,I would call many members friends,always ready to lend a hand and no question is too dumb(I have asked my share).

craig3102

#20 Post by craig3102 »

They are just awesome to ride and very few people have them!!