Something a little different

marshall100

#1 Post by marshall100 »

I've never seen this done before.....

Hondale

There's been a few cannondales on ebay here in the uk these past couple of weeks, Jay had his amazing piece of art on there, this and then some chancer selling a pile of junk for a stupid amount of money. The above really caught my eye as I've never seen that before and I thought you guys might be interested.

Fuel tank is a trifle on the small side I feel...

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

I like the" burn your leg" on both side headpipes. The carb must get pretty darn hot . I give an A- for effort but I think he would have been better off just going with a custom chassis. The minus is for painting an aluminum frame black.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Now that would be worth doing! Couple cautions though. Falicon crank makes motor worthless to me and notice the auction is for just the motor. I am really impressed with the build though. Looks like even the upper shock mount stayed stock. Sure would like to see better pics of this one.

marshall100

#4 Post by marshall100 »

Does anyone on here have specific experience of KTM 640 conversions?

rayspeed

#5 Post by rayspeed »

Hard to tell how the front motor mount was done in those pics but just that plate spanning the bottom seems like it would be a weak point. If that is just flat black rattle can paint most of it will come off with the first wash and look terrible.
Are falicon cranks nfg for all bikes or was it just ours that they did a terrible job on?

Kuma

#6 Post by Kuma »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Aug 26 2012, 09:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone on here have specific experience of KTM 640 conversions?

I believe there is a conversion on this sight from ssloot, not sure if I got his name correct, he is located in the Netherlands. Would be a nice little weekend trip for you.

marshall100

#7 Post by marshall100 »

Well, I got chatting to guy yesterday that's got a cannondale with said conversion, it's got overheating issues and I said I'd ask around....