Just for FYI!..Fresh from DealerNews!

promod

#1 Post by promod »

This may be old news, but just got this from DealerNews, it was new to me so thought maybe might be of interest to some of you guys & gals! ohmy.gif

US Highland announces R&D partnership with Sweden's Rollox
publish Date: Aug 2, 2012

TULSA, Okla. - US Highland has announced it has entered a long-term strategic relationship with Rollox AB, an international powersports research and development firm in Sosdala, Sweden.

Rollox's main operations focus on R&D for engines in sizes from 250cc up to 1300cc, as well as high-performance vehicles including motorcycles and ATVs.

Rollox CEO Martin Lind, a world-class off-road racer and Swedish national champion, leads a research and development team that will expand US Highland???s access to resources to build and test prototype components for both powertrain and vehicles, the company stated.

"This is an excellent partnership based on a five-year history between the principals of Rollox and US Highland," said president and CEO John R. Fitzpatrick, III. "This allows US Highland to leverage an existing relationship that can accelerate our research and development activities and launch of our entire product line of powertrains and vehicles. Martin Lind and I have developed a tight relationship already that is based on mutual respect and trust???.Rollox has already demonstrated the ability to rapidly deliver R&D prototypes to our specifications.

2002CannondaleMoto440Racer

#2 Post by 2002CannondaleMoto440Racer »

So Highland still owns the Cannondale design?

marshall100

#3 Post by marshall100 »

I don't think they own any of the design. That was sold to Adly or Dinli or some such firm from overseas that make reasonable road quads over here, though nothing that would stand a chance in a race or off road.

They do have whatever was left (or at least that's my understanding) of the ATK/cannondale invenory such as frames and so forth, though my understanding from what went on before the unfortunate accident is that they were very much intending to build their own frame at some point in the not too distant future.

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

Highland is a sign on an office door.

kdeal

#5 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (marshall100 @ Sep 16 2012, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think they own any of the design. That was sold to Adly or Dinli or some such firm from overseas that make reasonable road quads over here, though nothing that would stand a chance in a race or off road.

They do have whatever was left (or at least that's my understanding) of the ATK/cannondale invenory such as frames and so forth, though my understanding from what went on before the unfortunate accident is that they were very much intending to build their own frame at some point in the not too distant future.

That is incorrect. Highland bought the rights from Dinli. Just part of their piece meal buying they did before the President was killed in a tragic airplane accident. They seem to be taking the company in another direction. They have other irons in the fire and the merger was probably for money reasons.

marshall100

#6 Post by marshall100 »

I stand corrected.

Has anyone actually taken delivery of a bike or atv? Or did orders not make it that far?

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

The "different" direction I was referring to is a little sad for us. I believe their new direction is in motors and supplying other services. I don't think they are going to offer any cycles or quads.....

marshall100

#8 Post by marshall100 »

Real shame if that is the case. It would be nice to be able to have an engine as an alternative to homebrew KTM 640's....

Kuma

#9 Post by Kuma »

I went to their web site and sent them a request regarding a new quad, here is the reply:

Hi Bill,

USH's management team is aggressively moving forward in planning current and future activities. At this time, we are assessing motors, engines and vehicles for our upcoming production plans.

Please contact USH again in approximately 30 days for the current activities and opportunities.

In the meantime, the best avenue to see news about US Highland is via www.ushighland.com and by following our stock symbol UHLN.

We look forward to hearing from you again in a few weeks.

Best regards,

Greg Campbell
US Highland

kdeal

#10 Post by kdeal »

Sounds like they don't have a clue yet either...... ohmy.gif