no spark no fuel pleas help my

Cannondalegermany

#1 Post by Cannondalegermany »

Please help me?

My problem

I have the engine rebuild piston and sleeve, I have mounted the engine again and it had started the engine is running 3 minutes, and went out. No spark and no fuel what the problem is all the cables are ok. The Battery is new Pleas help my. Crank sensor I replaced. The crank sensor give no contact to the Fuel pump and SPark plug i have measured also the fuel pump an spark have no Contact..... Cannondale is not for everybody

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

Have you checked your main fuse,up near the left headlight?

Cannondalegermany

#3 Post by Cannondalegermany »

Yes this is new the light and the start button is okey the motor turn when i press start button, but no spark and fuel pump not run when i press start button what is the problem pleas help

Scooter

#4 Post by Scooter »

Can you communicate with the ECU? It sounds like the ECU is asleep or dead. Do you have the D&M tool?

Cannondalegermany

#5 Post by Cannondalegermany »

i have no D&M kit or other

MX Quad Dad

#6 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I am not understanding eveything you say but, my first question is, has the wireing harness been altered? the fuel pump should run when the start button is pushed, but the ECU provides a ground to make the pump run so you should have power to the pump (be very carful checking this or you could damange the ECU) with the key on, kill switch and/or teather may need to be on also. I am not sure if the hex codes make a differance but my fuel pump will run with the key on and the first push of the start button even without the clutch pulled in. it seems you have to wait or turn the key off then back on to get it to prime a second time or just crank the engine over briefly and it will prime again. D&M would definately be helpful but without it I would double check all connections, fuses and prongs inside the connectors. next or maybe first, check the flywheel and keyway. and also check all grounds

Also did you use a new or known good crank sensor, there have be some posts here that people have gotten some metal shaving on the tip of the crank sensor and it would not work. just cleaned it up and it worked fine

One more thing make sure the crank sensor is fully seated. the last one I assembled the o-ring would not allow it to fully seat and I would get a spark evey now and then. when I pulled the sensor I noticed that it didn't look fully seated so I removed the oring and it went down where it was suposed to.

speedracer

#7 Post by speedracer »

Maybe your coil is bad,that would explain no spark.Did you touch any metal on your fuel pump connectors to cause an arc,that will fry your fuel pump driver.Maybe the ecu is bad like scooter said.

Canniboomer

#8 Post by Canniboomer »

You might have the crank sensor plug switched with the coolant temp plug?.

After having the Run-stop and Key to On, and pressing the start button with either harness or hexcode, the ECU should wake up and give one pump cycle..
To verify continued pump-cycles (and injector firings), you can rotate the flywheel manually clockwise. If the pump cycles again with every turnover, the crank sensor is working.
It seems that is not happening. You have probably already looked into the tank, to verify no return flow yet. ECU is likely fine, and something simple electrical. also check ecu harness ground wire, if the ecu is not waking up.

MX Quad Dad

#9 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Feb 5 2013, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you touch any metal on your fuel pump connectors to cause an arc,that will fry your fuel pump driver.

Wouldn't that make the pump keep running?

Cannondalegermany

#10 Post by Cannondalegermany »

hello all, it does not believe the ECU is broken. I have installed on another Cannondale as the controller and everything goes. Is it really possible that the ECU simply broken. Or I iergend one hexcode entered with start release release start and run and stop?