Wiseco updated piston kits ?

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Interesting. I am just going by what the email said so maybe he did not look up the ATK specific piston. You wouldnt happen to have the part number? The piston in the pic sure looks like the old design.

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

I do have one of the cp 98mm pistons I need made . I think I would pretty much have to send it to CP to have them copy it and create an actual part number . My only issue is with the horror stories I get from Tim I am afraid they would lose it . unsure.gif

trav

#13 Post by trav »

no, i don't have wiseco's part no# handy. i do know its stamped on the top of the piston. pistons still in my quad though... and it didn't come with a sleeve. if your looking for over sized pistons YOU will probably need to source those too.

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

I think whats going to happen is Im going to split fund an order with Tim and we are going to get and actual part number on a standard 98mm stock stroke 13/1 piston design instead of everyone being custom made for every stroke ,bore and compresion ratio which causes all the confusion and jacks prices up.

werty

#15 Post by werty »

Have you tried bme bill miller engineering in carson city? I am local and can talk to them about a custon run of pistons and sleeves.

werty

#16 Post by werty »

http://www.bmeltd.com/pistons.htm custom rods too at a way better price. Oh American made. I can take a old piston to the owner and ask him to match it, better it, the company loves this stuff.

exotic rider

#17 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (werty @ May 1 2013, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.bmeltd.com/pistons.htm custom rods too at a way better price. Oh American made. I can take a old piston to the owner and ask him to match it, better it, the company loves this stuff.

I had venolia make me a piston for my rotax atk,it was a piece of art,n had higher comp,was lighter and totaly different in design compared to stock.i would use them again without hesitation.

werty

#18 Post by werty »

QUOTE (exotic rider @ May 1 2013, 04:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had venolia make me a piston for my rotax atk,it was a piece of art,n had higher comp,was lighter and totaly different in design compared to stock.i would use them again without hesitation.

Where did you get rings.

exotic rider

#19 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (werty @ May 2 2013, 05:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where did you get rings.

when venolia sent the piston back they included a ring set that they had custom made by a company in arizona.I am not sure of the name but they apparently make custom ring sets for nascar engines ,funny cars ect,have not had a issue with this set up,in fact american dirt bike .com sells these kits for rotax engines but he charges more then me contacting the companies direct.

werty

#20 Post by werty »

QUOTE (exotic rider @ May 2 2013, 05:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when venolia sent the piston back they included a ring set that they had custom made by a company in arizona.I am not sure of the name but they apparently make custom ring sets for nascar engines ,funny cars ect,have not had a issue with this set up,in fact american dirt bike .com sells these kits for rotax engines but he charges more then me contacting the companies direct.

So i looked at the web site since they have your piston on file, looks cheaper for it not being a one off piston