Riding areas near columbus OH?

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Theres a couple of new to atv guys who scored a couple of virtually new blaze and moto. I am taking the next few weeks off and wanted to spend a few days going through their engines and take them somewhere safe to break in their skills and the quads. Are there any places near columbus ? If we have any teething issues I dont want to have to drive to far . It would be nice to go to Tims ,tune and a trip to Majestic but I dont think these guys are ready for that kind of trail system. Especially remembering what happened last year. rolleyes.gif

kdeal

#2 Post by kdeal »

Ouch wacko.gif

Bvcracingcdale

#3 Post by Bvcracingcdale »

Any pics of these quads??

wistech

#4 Post by wistech »

no pics but one had an original seat in perfect condition which was something I had never seen before. most of the moto /blaze seats with the plastic sides creased and cracked shortly after use. They are both getting the same engine treatments, full porting ,450 kits , big injectors,ect.

jesshamner

#5 Post by jesshamner »

Wayne National Forest is about the only place I have heard of in Ohio. What happened at Majestic? Because of all the grooming, one-way direction, and width, I think Majestic is one of the easiest places to ride unless you're going faster than your skills allow.

bigfoot17

#6 Post by bigfoot17 »

Check this site out. Great trail info. Quads and bikes.

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/

ScramblerXLE

#7 Post by ScramblerXLE »

I work in Columbus and ride somewhat often at Krash Racing Dirt Park. It's owned by a friend of mine, about 1 hour from town, and has some REALLY wild terrain. That said, it's not really a 'beginner' place. You can get around everywhere without going anywhere crazy, but there are some really wild hills there too if you are into that, (which I definitely am! biggrin.gif) The best part is it's only $10 to ride all day, and they usually leave the harescramble courses marked and last months track was a good one! The tracks are designed for all skill levels, so if they know how a quad works, they can probably get around it just fine. The bad part is it's not terribly big so if you're not doing the fun hills you'll probably get bored... But anyway, let me know if you want to go down there, I may just have to join you!

Example of a pretty big hill there:

beanie$440$peed

#8 Post by beanie$440$peed »

Bud and kims hidden spring ranch

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

I will be leaving tonight . I will guestimate a couple days to build both quads not including whatever crops up like missing parts ,broken bolts,ect it might be possible we can have the quads running for a weekend ride but that would be a best case scenario. Ill post up as thing progress. Timbo said he might be able to get some of the PA boys to take a day off for a ride but from the looks of it he is swamped with a huge project.

yamadjs08

#10 Post by yamadjs08 »

I wish I had the balls in me to take a brand new Moto or Blaze out and pop their cherries.

I have a like "new" Cannibal that I still haven't ridden anywhere besides my yard because its just so clean.