NEED HELP!...Looking for something odd!

MX Quad Dad

#11 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (werty @ Jan 4 2014, 04:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
M14-1.25 (14mm x 1.25) Serrated Flanged- A HARD TO FIND FINELY THREADED NUT-- http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...id=131074141421

never thought to look on ebay

the guy had a pic of the bag with the brand name on it

http://www.mrmegapack.co.uk/a2-stainless-h...uts-16894-p.asp

they have stainless

MX Quad Dad

#12 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Jan 3 2014, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm really not sure if it was zinc plated or grade 8 for that matter, but they were out there.

Metric would be 8.8, I have been told that 8.8= Grade 5 and 10.8=Grade 8.

I have gotten some hard to find bolts from Catapiller dealer. if you can find a parts person who will get up off thier butt and look. seems more and more if you can't give them a model and S/N they won't even talk to you

jesshamner

#13 Post by jesshamner »

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that.

promod

#14 Post by promod »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Jan 3 2014, 01:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have those nuts in stock here. But problem is, I am located in Europe.

Those nuts are used in Minarelli AM6 (49cc) engines.

Hey SlOoT,

Have tried all the resources that everyone posted on here on trying to help me locate this size nut, but without any luck from any of the sources, as they say they have them, but then of course on contact then they dont ...but again will order if a buy crazy quantities of them!, and the ones on Ebay are stainless A2 (to soft), some to thin and some with flange...just not what i want!...being picky here! LOL!

Can you give me more info on them as where there used on that model engine or a part number, and the thickness of nut as in regular full size, wrench hex size, regular hex nut style, are they plated and the grade 8.8 or ? then maybe i can try to find them that way here in states, and if not how can i get from you!

Again any help from you or anyone appreciated!, Thanx & Ciao!, Mike

SlOoT

#15 Post by SlOoT »

The nut is used in minarelli AM6. It is used to adjust the outer presure plate for the clutch.
They don't have a flange and I assume they are a high grade. But I don't know how thick they are.

I can't seem to find a part number. But the engines are used in Yamaha and Aprillia 49cc bikes.
Other then that this size is also very difficult to find here.

It's number 18 in this drawing.
http://www.easyparts.nl/showdrawing/1826/3...617/Clutch.html

Also attachted a picture of the clutch nut from another vendor.

promod

#16 Post by promod »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Feb 5 2014, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The nut is used in minarelli AM6. It is used to adjust the outer presure plate for the clutch.
They don't have a flange and I assume they are a high grade. But I don't know how thick they are.

I can't seem to find a part number. But the engines are used in Yamaha and Aprillia 49cc bikes.
Other then that this size is also very difficult to find here.

It's number 18 in this drawing.
http://www.easyparts.nl/showdrawing/1826/3...617/Clutch.html

Also attachted a picture of the clutch nut from another vendor.

Thanx Mr. SlOot,

That gave me a great starting point, ok, From starting at the link you gave me...with a little more googleing...that model is a 2005 Yamaha TZR50 Zilver, The part number for that nut is YA00231059, have done some quick fast web surfing on locating any place that sells that Yamaha model here in the states and can supply parts im coming up with nothing...but going to keep searching...but everything points back to the Netherlands for that model and ordering parts!

Do you know what Aprilia model uses that engine so i can find a Aprilia part number for it to search? i have a good friend who is a Aprilia dealer and might be able to order for me, as finding a Yamaha dealer willing to help most of the time is a is a wast of time here in the states...but wont give up though...if i have to call Yamaha USA and since i have a few connections still there from working at a Yamy dealer for many years might be able to pull strings there also!

So you stated "you have that nut in stock there", are you a dealer? can you supply if i cant locate here? and your sure the size of that nut is 14x1.25?

Let me know my friend!, Thanx again, Ciao!, Mike

SlOoT

#17 Post by SlOoT »

I thought I had the nuts in stock but those were M14x1.5
But they are listed in the ordering programs from my vendor. The website I sent you is one of my vendors.
And the picture is from another vendor and is discribed as M14x1.25

This is a list from all the bikes that use the minarelli engine:
Aprilia: MX, RS, RS > 1999 , RS 1999 - 2005, RS 50 < 1998, RS 50 < 2000, RS 50 > 1998, RS 50 > 1999, RS 50 > 2000, RS 50 > 2007, RS 50 1996 - 2005, RS 50 1998 - 2000, RS 50 1999 - 2000, RS 50 1999 - 2003, RS 50 1999 - 2008, RS Extreme, RX, RX < 1999, RX 2005 - 2006, SX 50, Tuono
Beta: RR, SM
Yamaha: DTR < 2002, DT-R 50, DT-X 50, TZR 50
Rieju: MRT, MRX, RJ, RMX, RMX Pro, RR, RRX, RS, RS1, RS2, SM, SMX, Spike, Spike Cross, Spike SM
Aprilla: RX 1996 - 2005
CPI: SM, SX
Malaguti: XSM, XTM
MBK: X-Limit, X-Limit < 2002, X-Limit > 2003, X-Power
MH: Furia, RX 50, RYZ, SM
Peugeot: XP6, XP6 < 2002, XP9, XPS, XR6

I don't know if those bikes are sold in USA, they are designed as a 50 MPH vehicle for 16 year olds to use on public roads.

If you realy can't find it over there I will order one nut, and then check all the sizes for you and If you want it I'll send it over in a envelope.

Catmochanic

#18 Post by Catmochanic »

Hey promod, what size are the front axle nuts on those bike's? I did a search for your particular bike (1978 Harley MX250) on eBay, and the front axle nut's look like they are a fine thread and around 14mm (just guesstimating by picture)...I contacted a couple of the seller's on the size but I haven't heard anything back yet? In addition maybe they can further help with your search? I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson-17...86c&vxp=mtr

promod

#19 Post by promod »

QUOTE (Catmochanic @ Feb 9 2014, 07:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey promod, what size are the front axle nuts on those bike's? I did a search for your particular bike (1978 Harley MX250) on eBay, and the front axle nut's look like they are a fine thread and around 14mm (just guesstimating by picture)...I contacted a couple of the seller's on the size but I haven't heard anything back yet? In addition maybe they can further help with your search? I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davidson-17...86c&vxp=mtr

Thanks for your trying to help Catmochanic (and everyone else that has!), i will note you got a keen eye for fine thread metric nuts and you are correct it is a 1.25 pitch nut, However it is a 15mm x1.25!, That nut (on your link) wasnt used on the '78 MX250's but the '74-'78 SX/SS125-175-250 street legal dual purpose and full street models, but even the '78 MX250 also used a 15mmx1.25 front axle nut but was a collar type nut!, with over 50 plus bikes in my collection of all years and models that were made which was from '61-'78 of the lightweight 50cc-350cc single cylinder 2&4 stroke Italian made Aermacchi/Harley-Davidson's, none of the rest of them used a 14x1.25 nut anywhere...only the '78 MX250 did...and only in one spot! plus with over 40,000 plus (lost count not keeping up with my inventory!) nos oem parts in stock for them from my collecting these bikes and parts for over 45 plus years of my life...not bragging and with all due respect but i know my Italian HD's and every part, nut, bolt on them like the back of my hand!, but out of all those parts that nut size being used only on one model '78 MX250...which only less than 1000 was made and only made in '78 very few replacement parts in quantities were made as that was the last year of all the Italian HD bikes as HD pulled the plug on the lightweight models right when that bike came out, that nut i only ended up with very few in my nos stock of parts and have exhausted my supply of them! And all the other collectors of these bikes and vendors still with parts dont have them either!

But the search is still on! as i never give up! unsure.gif