One season ends another begins

wistech

#1 Post by wistech »

Wrapped up the winter riding season today with a short ride on the wheeler . I got motivated last week and installed an engine in the tard so I figured what the heck and took it for a spin. I learned several things. The stock hard 2X4 of seat on a tard hardens up somewhere around 60 rockwell at 13 degrees, the street slicks dont fare to well on glare ice. I had a couple of pucker spots at some intersections where the water was running across the road. But all is well. I hope everyone has a great riding season this year.

bigfoot17

#2 Post by bigfoot17 »

Tard looks great. Do you ride it much? I hope to get my bike out at least twice this year. Once locally and of course the annual ride.

exotic rider

#3 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (bigfoot17 @ Mar 26 2014, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tard looks great. Do you ride it much? I hope to get my bike out at least twice this year. Once locally and of course the annual ride.

Twice!?-lol ,I try to go every Sunday if I can,you ride a awesome bike- get out there and show it off!

who_gives_a6

#4 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Once a week? Come on! Haha. Just continuing the sassing.
I sold my CDale dirtbike but have been riding 2-3 days a week lately. Only thing good about California is that there is no winter break.

As for the post topic. That bike looks awesome. Makes me wanna buy another and tard it out.

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

I quit riding the tard several years ago because my riding buddies couldnt control themselves and got to many tickets,sold em. Most of them were not from our late night hooligan rides but from going to work and back. Ive been pulled over twice but no tickets. It may look nice in the pic but it has a thick layer of dust and dirt on it. This year I hope to change that and ride the Dales more. The wife just prefers the sleds and jet skis because they are much easier to drive and she doesnt get her cloths dirty. mad.gif

wistech

#6 Post by wistech »

By the way anyone notice the thumb throttle ? Maybe the pic is to fuzzy.

bigfoot17

#7 Post by bigfoot17 »

Thumb throttle. Was that by choice?
When I do get a chance to ride,it is usually by myself. I still worry about reliability,so I don't ride often.
But I do love the power output after the remap.

MX Quad Dad

#8 Post by MX Quad Dad »

I didn't notice the thumb throttle but I did notice the missing flywheel cover or is that one of those clear ones?

this year was the most snowmobiling I've done in over thirty years. last year was the first time back on a sled but I would say I probubly had just as many miles on dirt as i did on snow.

exotic rider

#9 Post by exotic rider »

QUOTE (who_gives_a6 @ Mar 26 2014, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once a week? Come on! Haha. Just continuing the sassing.
I sold my CDale dirtbike but have been riding 2-3 days a week lately. Only thing good about California is that there is no winter break.

As for the post topic. That bike looks awesome. Makes me wanna buy another and tard it out.

I envy you west coasters- if want to ride year round in maine its on the ice in the winter - ive never tried

who_gives_a6

#10 Post by who_gives_a6 »

Yeah, but it's too hot to ride in the summer for several months so kind of a break then. So west coast isn't all nice weather.