Cannondales big track event

wistech

#11 Post by wistech »

Scooter

#12 Post by Scooter »

The story is pretty close to accurate, Aaron did only ride Saturday and was replaced by a guy wearing Mcwilliams leathers and there were actually 8 machines on the grid. Did I tell you I had a set of Mcwilliams leathers?

Scooter

yamadjs08

#13 Post by yamadjs08 »

I'm pretty sure Warren Steele raced my #3 S440, judging by the pictures anyway.

Pretty cool little piece of history to go with the bike.

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

To bad there is so little documentation on this event . A video would be awsome. DJ did you ever take the tard out on a track?

yamadjs08

#15 Post by yamadjs08 »

QUOTE (Wistech @ Apr 27 2015, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To bad there is so little documentation on this event . A video would be awsome. DJ did you ever take the tard out on a track?

I haven't yet, but I'd love to. We did setup some cones and did some parking lot racing one afternoon, the bike handles like it's on rails. I just put some new sticky slicks on it and it's just nuts in the corners now, definitely giving me way too much confidence. laugh.gif

I also blew out a fork seal last time I had it out, just got them redone and back on the bike. Too many jumps and stoppies I'd guess. tongue.gif

Scooter

#16 Post by Scooter »

kdeal

#17 Post by kdeal »

Scooter, is that you doing the tricks on the #6 bike? LOL

Scooter

#18 Post by Scooter »

I wish! the guy on the number 6 bike with the white helmet and 426 on it was the guy that I had a good fight with Sunday. We swapped position a couple of times a lap. The pictures are from Saturday I believe and practice. You can see the same bike out with different riders on it. I do not remember what bike number I rode but I will have to look for some pictures. I thought he and I finished 5th and 6th on sunday but not sure.