Starting in cold weather?

exrider

Starting in cold weather?

#1 Post by exrider »

How does the cannibal start in cold weather..compared to my 400ex?

pdavis

#2 Post by pdavis »

with the start button :rotf

what i have been told, and seems to work good for me is: turn key on, wait about 5-10 seconds, tap start button, wait about 15-20 seconds, then try to start it,
this seems to work pretty good for me but the "cold" weather in florida isnt all that cold, and for the few days a year when it IS to cold to ride....... i dont :head:

mikexxx

#3 Post by mikexxx »

the coldest i have tried to start my cannibal in was about 20-30 degrees out, and it started like a charm. just how its supposed to, i had no trouble at all.biggrin.gif

Psychosis

#4 Post by Psychosis »

I've never started one in cold weather and it's finally gotten pretty cold here recently. I keep hearing about fouled plugs and everything during the cold weather. What all do you guys recommend as a procedure for cold weather? (between 20-50 degrees)

CdaleRacer0128

#5 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

mine started on first cold start bump at 8 in the morning last saturday ( about 30 degrees), my friends z started on the most choke, and bumpin the throttle and about after 3 or 4 stabs of the start button

Psychosis

#6 Post by Psychosis »

Originally posted by YamaWarr0121
mine started on first cold start bump at 8 in the morning last saturday ( about 30 degrees), my friends z started on the most choke, and bumpin the throttle and about after 3 or 4 stabs of the start button

I know the trouble w/the Z's. I had a KFX and it took about 15mins of warming before you could even take off the choke w/out killing it. Just don't want to go and foul a plug every day and everyone has seemed to make a big deal of cold starting in the past.