Cannondale info needed

EuroGOD

#1 Post by EuroGOD »

The word you'd be looking for is "updates"...
A cute little word that C'dale used to notify there may be a problem.
A list of them can be found here

Another word to look for is Stage8. This is a rather important addition to any C'dale engine....If you want it to last.

As for the crank issues, the chances you will get a bad one are pretty high. Don't panick though, there is now a few places offering upgraded ones for a reasonable price. Do a search for BigWinky...

Finally, sell that 2 stroke!

mikexxx

#2 Post by mikexxx »

i will tell you one thing, the cannondales have awesome power/handling, they have everything just perfect. the bad part is that its probably one of the most complicated quads ever made, imo. so you will need a lot of time on your hands to learn everything, especially coming from a banshee, thats what i came from, a couple weeks ago, ad a banshee is so simple compared to my dale.

mikexxx

#3 Post by mikexxx »

i really wouldnt mind comparing them at all, it is kind of hard though, they are 2 completely opposite quads. it had toomey t-5 exhaust, no air box, k&n filters, boyeson reeds, and a lot of other bolt ons. i did not race my banshee at a track, i took it on a lot of tracks just to race w/my friends. the banshee is a lot harder to ride, it has the big power band. you will never find another quad with that kind of power. on the motor, with the banshee, everything is always right in front of you. with the cannondales you have to usually take off all the plastics/seat/gas tank. you even have to take all that off just to get to the spark plug. also you have to take the front fenders off to get to the air box, its not that big of a deal, but if you just want to check the air filter really quick, then its kind of a pain. i know there are a lot more differences, it would be 10x easier to compare the cannondale to a raptor, or 400 ex, or anything that is 4-stroke. its really hard to compare a 2-stroke to a 4- stroke. if you have any thing else you want to know about the cannondale compared to the banshee, just ask me. hope it helped a little:)
oh one other thing, i am really having trouble understanding the mapping, i thought that since they are fuel injected you wouldnt have to deal w/rejetting, but i guess the mapping is like that, just a lot more complicated.

mikexxx

#4 Post by mikexxx »

its definately not tippy, it is a lot more stable then my banshee, and a 400 ex. and the power compared to a raptor- my friend has a raptor w/about 10 k of extras on it, and my cannibal dosnt have as much torque, but it has a lot more mid range pull. i like the power a lot more then a raptor. and im not sure but i think all cannondales are mx ready with the exception of the cannibal and the glamis, not sure though. im not sure about the suspension, i havnt had much riding time on it, so i dont know exactly how great the suspension is, i know it is a lot better then my banshee's stock suspension though. i think i answered all your questions, anything else?

thomez

#5 Post by thomez »

Hmm ... a few comments.

Spark plug - yeah, they are a pain to change but... when your quad is setup right a plug is said to last a year. Owners want to chime in about that? I think people that get it dialed in have little trouble as long as they don't get a low battery and foul the plug tryin to start it without enough juice.

Handling - Cannibal, Speed, Glamis (most Cannibals not all) have Ohlins front shocks with preload adjustments. Not the grandest but probably better than anything out there stock except the YFZ and new TRX. Blaze - Piggyback Ohlins - probably comparable to YFZ and TRX. Moto - 19" piggyback Ohlins and 48" width - probably better than anything out still. The Cannibal rated in higher than the Z or 400EX in ATVSport's shootout last year and was at one time named Quad of the Year or something like that. They must handle pretty well, definitely better than a tall tippy Raptor or a poorly suspended Banshee.

Mapping - it is not like carb jetting. You install a map into your ECU which consists of timing and fuel settings and the computer does the "jetting" for you. It will correct itself to different temperatures and altitudes etc. - one of the reasons Polaris just put a comparable system in the 700 twin. I still advise the purchase of a D&M kit which allows you to change your maps, reset throttle, etc... it really is a must have if you want to be self-sufficient. The software can be purchased for $300 and you can get either the Windows version or even a version that runs on a Compaq Ipaq handheld.

Power - better 4 stroke power than anything out there except possibly the YFZ and TRX. 5 more HP than a Rappy stock is what I've read numerous times - couple that with being 60 plus pounds lighter - put 2 and 2 together you get fast.

Hmm all I can think of. Ask questions biggrin.gif

mikexxx

#6 Post by mikexxx »

i agree w/everything you have said, i guess i just dont really under stand the whole mapping thing yet, it is probably less complicated than i make it sound. definately a lot more power than any 4-stroke i have ever ridden.

thomez

#7 Post by thomez »

Mike if you have questions about the mapping I'll do my best. I have most of it figured out.... or I like to think so. tongue.gif

mikexxx

#8 Post by mikexxx »

thanks, i hope i get the D&M kit by the end of the winter.