My Winter Rebuild

thomez

#11 Post by thomez »

Man, check out a new YFZ seat - you'll think the Cdale seat is heaven real quick. I could iron clothes on that YFZ seat.

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by quad_freak14
will that foam make it softer?? Im looking for sumthing that will make my butt feel better after ridin...stock foam is so dang hard.

Rick Cecco used this foam and said it works well. I have not had a chance to install it yet, but when I do I will give you guys the heads up.

440EX4ME

#13 Post by 440EX4ME »

so any over the winter mods on the ole rider biggrin.gif

What happened to the fenders? The other a-arms?

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

Lenny: this is the start of the project. I have a New Houser stem Tag T-2 bars, Lonestar Axle, RAD Tapered Bearing Carrier, Lonestar Locknut, already in my possesion for the rebuild. I am waiting for the A-Arms and another surprise yet to be mentioned. I also will be getting a couple pieces PC'd. I will have some pics tonight after the start of the tear down. Trust me I will be posting pics of everything. I want to document this for myself as much as show off.biggrin.gif

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

Some photos of the new parts....The Stem

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

The axle, Tag-2's, and rear stainless steel brake line

Derno24

#17 Post by Derno24 »

I am trying to move things along the tear down is starting...

Derno24

#18 Post by Derno24 »

Front shot.

440EX4ME

#19 Post by 440EX4ME »

Cant believe that I am looking at the pics and getting itchy to start on mine smile.gif we must all be a little nuts.

Did you think of cleaning it up b4 disassembly? biggrin.gif rolleyes.gif

When you expecting the "big package" to arrive?

Derno24

#20 Post by Derno24 »

Yeah I really had to get motivated last night to get started. It is easy to say you are going to do something and another to actually start it. I am realizing how hard this is going to be.

I did clean it a little just not when it was torn down. It should be spotless when I put it back together. All the skid will be scotchbrite'd. The subframe, engine cradle, and other pieces will be pc'd by Dave of course. I am polishing the frame a little. I won't go overboard on this just some mother's and some sand paper not in that order though. I have other parts that will get painted just because it is easier.

The big package now that is the million dollar question. Not sure yet we are waiting for them to give us a time frame.

Oh by the way my time frame for completion is 4 weeks. I think I am expecting some miracles too.:drink: :drink: