Suspencion ?

panamaniac

Suspencion ?

#1 Post by panamaniac »

I have a cannondale that I use for moto cross this year I won the champinship down here in Panama, with a Blaze set up. But I want to get a-rms (+2) and suspencion. I can get the Moto ohlin($700) or elka (950$) . wich one should I get. and what brand of a arms should i get and were. also take in mind that the same atv is use in Enduro (gncc type of race).
is there much diference between the Moto Ohlin and the blaze ohlins.
Thank

Rookiex

#2 Post by Rookiex »

houser/gibson +3 long travel TCS/pep/elka/axis

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

How wide are your enduro trails?

Most of the MX quad setups here are 49-50" wide, which is too wide for the GNCC races because the trails are so narrow.

If trails are narrow and the width will slow you down, you should look at +1 Houser long travel arms. If width is not a problem go with +3 long travels. I don't think anyone makes a +2 long travel front end for the dale, but Big Winky may make you a set.

The difference in the blaze and moto shocks is longer travel on the moto's. The stock setup gives you about 9" of travel while a good long travel will give you 11 or 12". The longer shocks also perform better.

I definately reccomend a ZPS type setup, stock moto ohlins won't give you this but the Elka's will. You can have the moto ohlins converted to ZPS, but given the price I would just get the Elka's. If you go with ZPS, you should have your rear Ohlins converted as well.