Tire Balls???

02Cannibal

Tire Balls???

#1 Post by 02Cannibal »

I was watching the GNCC on speed vision, and they said some of the pros were using tire balls so they won't get flats. Anyone have any idea what these are?

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

pdavis

#3 Post by pdavis »

i have heard of the tire balls before, but what i was wondering is where can i get rider balls?:wow

haydug

Calling Jeff @quadshop!!

#4 Post by haydug »

Seems we got some interest in the rider balls, I mean tire balls.
Tell us more.

pdavis

#5 Post by pdavis »

haydug, you are fast, it looks like you have rider balls, do you stock them? if so how much?:wow biggrin.gif :rotf

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Yes I too would like some rider balls can I buy them by the dozen? Or is this individually priced? 1 Ball per $10. So if I wanted a real set of balls how much would that be?

jesshamner

#7 Post by jesshamner »

I had a chat with the guys at the tireballs booth at the Ironman GNCC. They were passing out flyers. I believe it was a little over $1000 for 4 atv tires. I don't know if that has changed or not.

thunderwolf

#8 Post by thunderwolf »

If that is true, that is outrageous.

JeffQuadShop

#9 Post by JeffQuadShop »

The tire balls are individule cells that go into your tires and eliminate flats. I started testing them at The Wisp GNCC this past summer wich is known for destroying tires. In that first race, I ended up winning my class and found out that I had a 2" gash in the side wall of my tire and I never even knew it. All the balls were still inflated.
The tire balls are very expensive to manufacture so there is a inital sticker shock. One thing you must consider is the money you save on tires. When you do rip a side wall, you can keep using that tire till it wears out where without them you must replace the tire.
A couple more advantages are; traction is greatly improved because you are able to run lower pressure. I set mine to feel about the same as running 3psi which I could never do without them because that would guarntee a flat tire. The other is the ride quaility is much smoother also due to the lower pressure.
So if you are a serious woods or desert racer or just ride in very rocky terrain where flats are a problem then they are worth their weight in gold!

wyndzer

#10 Post by wyndzer »

So, I'm guessing that the tire balls can be transferred from tire to tire? Meaning that one set of balls is basically all you would ever need?