ways to make money

haydug

#11 Post by haydug »

I also bought my first bike at 12, mowing lawns. I didn't have the money for a lawn mower, so I found an old lady and starting mowing her lawn with her mower, I then approached her about buying the mower and paying her by mowing her lawn for free "x" amount of times to pay for the mower. I went from 1 lawn to 13 a week, and made plenty of cash to have one heck of a summer. I know a buddy of mine who started the same way, now 15 years later, he sits at the house 1/2 the time while his employees mow lawns and landscape.

Motoman440

#12 Post by Motoman440 »

I have to agree mowing lawns is good "Tax Free" monies. I have a buddy who has a Masters Degree in Psychology and half way to his doctorate. His mother became very ill so he quit the practice he was in to help take care of her. While doing this he had to have income and wanted to be his own boss so he started mowing / landscaping. Four years later he maintains 80 to 100 lawns and works from March through October or November and nets around $50,000 to $60,000 a year. He sits on his azz for December through February. But during the months he works it's 7 days a week.

pdavis

#13 Post by pdavis »

what about finding a small motorcycle shop and offering to help around the shop, cleaning up, washing bikes, for a few bucks a week, not only will you make a little bit of money, you might be able to find a nice little quad that comes into the shop for sale that needs some work, and you might be able to afford,
that the owner of the shop might work out a deal with you, and at the same time you gain a little expeirence on how to do a little work on them.
there are no quick and easy ways to make money when you are 13, just some hard work, and stay motivated, and dont forget what you are trying to accomplish, and dont spend the money when you get a little saved, maybe let mom or dad hold it, or open a savings account at your local bank

Bill31251

#14 Post by Bill31251 »

I think the problem is that he doesnt want to work he wants someone to just send him a check. You can get a good lawn mower at WalMart for around 100 bucks its not to bad to start a business, and cutting grass is not 100% tax free when I was 19 we going audited(sp?) and had to pay a ton of money. Be carfully who you cut for we had and apartment complex and the guy turned us in on taxes and the nex thing we knew we were also being audited because he clamied us on his taxes but as long as you dont cut for a screwy business man you should be fine, he ended up going to jail for several other things.

J. Delaney

#15 Post by J. Delaney »

Go to a book store and pick up a book called Rich Dad, Poor Dad. One of the lessons the book teaches is that if you want to become wealthy, you must work for free. The money will come. Focus on providing a service, not collecting a paycheck. Also, buy assets first (lawn mower, weedeater, rake, etc.). Not toys(I still have trouble with this one). This book will teach you how to make money work for you, not the other way around. Good luck!

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

I can't believe I missed forgot to mention this. Call local DJ companies and offer to help carry equipment. Not only will you get $40 tax free you will learn a trade that I have been doing now for 12 years and it is a good side hobby that pays for toys.

sportquad racer

#17 Post by sportquad racer »

what is dj what does that do?

Derno24

#18 Post by Derno24 »

A mobile Disc Jockey. DJ's work weddings private parties and such. Work is on the weekends so it works around school time.

sportquad racer

#19 Post by sportquad racer »

aight thanks

EuroGOD

#20 Post by EuroGOD »

Being the country boy that I was, I'd haunt the local farmers asking for work.
I'd also cut grass, rake leaves and clean windows.
Heck, I'd even eat bugs at school for cash...