What would you guys buy if available??

aroracer72

#21 Post by aroracer72 »

aa truck stop scale wouldnture it accurately. Those wouldnt be accurate...they are made to weigh tons...not mean its off about 10-15 pds for light stuff...no truck carrys 400pds of stuff....lol...they carry tons. And dont tell me otherwise...cause my brother is a truck driver. In any case..these arms and axle together would save about....5-10 pounds..just an estimate..maybe more..maybe less.

440 rider 34

#22 Post by 440 rider 34 »

Sorry but not every truck hauls tons, what im getting at is I would like to lighten my dale as much as possible, so Id be interested in the axle and arms also keep us posted.

aroracer72

#23 Post by aroracer72 »

I will keep you guys posted. And your also forgetting..that semi trucks themselves weigh tons.
CHAD

440 rider 34

#24 Post by 440 rider 34 »

Ok well im not going to argue with you but I weighed my self at home and I weigh 185 I did the same thing at work steped on the scale and it said 180 so I put the quad on there by it self and it weighed 400 so im guessing it weighs 400+. I was talking with jim at diamond racing and we were talking about motors and trying to lighten these quads up, he also said 400 pounds is about normal with lt a arms and extended axle. Dont get me wrong its not that I dont like my dale Its the bset Quad Ive ever rode im just trying to loose a few pounds off of it

KYmxracer52

#25 Post by KYmxracer52 »

As far as building A-arms and such, I would think some CADD research would be helpful. It's awesome doing a 3-D model of them and getting to watch them in motion on the "tube". If you need help with that let me know. That's what I'm going to college for. I designed a complete 250R frame on CADD in total 3D format. Subframe and all. Pretty cool. Takes a lot of time. Have to draw every bend separately.

aroracer72

#26 Post by aroracer72 »

yeah...what we are plannings..is to have me practice tons upon tons of titanuim welds..and test the strengthsa of each on our 20 ton press. Then im gonna make a tube junction welds...with lets say ball join mounts...and test each one to see whats strongest...then were getting a jig, and gonna make an upper arm..then a lower...and then the other side...and were also gonna be using measurements from my arms i have right now for the mount measurements..etc. Gonna dfo lots of drawings..and such. Im not shure whats gonna be made first..the axle or arms..prolly the arms because we dont have the money..or the resources of a CNC machine..or lathe...etc. Were looking for a jig right now..and a pipe bender. Not hard to find..just scanning ebay for em. So this is definattely a good idea...my dad was thinking 400 dollars for an axle...without the hubs. And i said we should do 500 with all the sprcket hubs/hubs..etc. Our axle design will actrually need to include the hubs cause of our design were gonna use. This is risky....but should we go with it???..we aint rich...and we kind of need to know your guyses oppinnions oin whether you think this is a gold mine..or well make a little money...oir whether well go bank rupt.
CHAD

J. Delaney

#27 Post by J. Delaney »

Titanium is the way to go. Guys on the street bike scene are spending 1300-1500 for titanium exhaust. So far, I don't think I have seen too many companies advertising titanium anything for the quad market (one, 250r chassis for 6g). Sieze market share while it's still there! The neat thing about Ti is the color it turns when heated! Don't powder coat them, take a torch to it. Look out Durablue, here comes dura purple and blue!!

EuroGOD

#28 Post by EuroGOD »

Looking from the outside, the modified quad scene usually travels in the one same direction, carb. or efi:
Nerf bars
Bumpers
Exhaust/airbox
A-arms
Stem
Axle

Rather than start with something as complex, and potentially dangerous, as a-arms, I'd be offering a Ti header as a replacement for the standard '02 or '03 systems.
Add on a slip-on style can and you'd be busy in that little shed of yours for a very long time.

Exhaust building is not rocket science, but if you want to make Hp improvements there is a simple rule you must follow....
PM me if you'd like some more info over choosing things like pipe dia., tuned length, backpressure etc. etc. etc.

As a side note, Ti is a tough S.O.B. My wedding ring is made of the stuff and after a year, I still can't get the bloody thing off :hammer: :deal: :cry: :drink:

aroracer72

#29 Post by aroracer72 »

Well...these products will most likely be offered in plain, PC'd, or i guess now if its cool....heated finish. I was talkin with my dad..and i told him we should make it a special order company...you order it..with certain specs..and we make it. So that way we can make different style a-arms designs if people want..etc. Its a working progress. Ill keep you posted..any more info/help/advice...fire away.
CHAD

Jaybr

#30 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by ******
Hey areo you trying to pad your post count? 11 repeat posts!!!!:wow

Not any more:hammer:

He's trying to keep the moderators busy:p