Riding in water?

exrider

Riding in water?

#1 Post by exrider »

Is there any problems with riding through puddles or shallow streams once in a while when you have to? Since the battery is mounted so low will it affect anything? any electrical problems ?

thanks

Ryanstones

No problem at all

#2 Post by Ryanstones »

All connections should be filled with dielectric grease though.

Also may want to reroute the upper crankcase venthose to a higher location.

exrider

#3 Post by exrider »

what connections should be filled ?

Ryanstones

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

Any electrical connection plug. Just seperate the two parts, force a little grease in and it's less likely to corrode causing mystery problems. this is a basic maintenance item on the Cannons.

Oh yea, the pic above is not me, my family or my pit crew. No smarta** comments required!i did take the pic:D

blaze#52

#5 Post by blaze#52 »

i am very impressed with the water resitance abilty of the dale. i was scared of the electrical gremlins that woud pop up. after racing some the the GNCC's and blasting down through creeks and riding in creeks it never, never, coughed. i sis not have and grease in my connectors, i do know just for insurance, good luck

exrider

#6 Post by exrider »

how much water can it take ?

Ryanstones

#7 Post by Ryanstones »

I've been up to the fenders front/rear.
That's how i learned to route the Transmission vent from above the battery to alongside the airbox. Filled the tranny with water and ruined the clutch plates before i was done for the day.
Otherwise i've played in lots of deep water,:hammer: in the past, with no ill electrical effects.

exrider

#8 Post by exrider »

can anyone explain how I would go about re-routing the hose ?

NRath

#9 Post by NRath »

EXRider- just curious- do you have a Cannondale? Your screen name and lack of signature could throw a guy off.

exrider

#10 Post by exrider »

i will have a cannondale within the next week when its ships...but as of now I don't...im just trying to learn and figure out what things may need to be addressed and fixed. Thanks