My Winter Rebuild

thomez

#71 Post by thomez »

Originally posted by Jaybr
I was thinking more like the stuff on the surface of frying pans:confused:  and wasn't serious, but hey maybe it would work.

If it adds weight, I could always go on a diet to even things back out.

Jay, I was talking about ceramic coating as he mentioned.

440EX4ME

#72 Post by 440EX4ME »

Maybe just ceramic or teflon coat Derno so he can slide into trees.

Toooooo frikin funny

LapTraffic

#73 Post by LapTraffic »

Im seriously considering linexing my lower a arms for woods racing. I have 2 rides on them and one race since powdercoating them and there is more exposed metal than there is powdercoat...

Of course, linex might clash with bling (anti bling?) because you cant buff it out... maybe I'll just do the lower half smile.gif

Derno24

#74 Post by Derno24 »

Do tell what is Linex?

thunderwolf

#75 Post by thunderwolf »

Bed liner, kinda like rhino liner except you put it on yourself.

Jaybr

#76 Post by Jaybr »

Lap, I had the same problem with the powdercoating on my ASR's, I thought it was just them. I've got a set of Diamond arms now that are chromed and not a scratch on them. I don't know who Winky's chromer is but they did a great job.

440EX4ME

#77 Post by 440EX4ME »

Thats a great find, a good chromer smile.gif

Seriously does anyone know a reputable chrome shop in or not to far from NJ???

I have been told that chroming the bottoms of the a-arms can weaken them.

The PC on the Housers has held up very well and you can touch up the few scratches that will happen with either bed liner (as mentioned earlier) or even a dab of undercoating in a pinch.

I guess we all have different obstacles cause the hits that scratched these would have done a job on chrome too.

Derno24

#78 Post by Derno24 »

Here's the new 42 tooth rear sprocket I will be using a 14 tooth front. Also the Jet-Hot coated header and OMF radiator shrouds that I spent a little time polishing.

I'll be picking up my swing arm this weekend. I can't wait to start putting all this together. My injectors are due back from R&S sometime early next week. I am cleaning the suspension up and getting new shock covers.

440EX4ME

#79 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by ******
I was think of something simular for the tie rod ends but with liquid electrical tape or plastickote that is used for wrenches. just dip the ends in, clean out the allen hole and the threads put them on and use a little more to fill in the exposed allen holes. might keep the greese in a little longer for better life?

Be a lot easier to just update to the teflon lined tie rod ends, and no lube to be worried about either.

440EX4ME

#80 Post by 440EX4ME »

I know what you mean and I have been known to watch the $$$ too , but your only looking at around $50.00 for the set.