250r vs cannondale

Brad77

#11 Post by Brad77 »

I have both, and I do feel like the Dale is overall easier to ride. There are certain things I like about each one though. My 89 R with Elka shocks will corner like a dirt track car. Slide upon command, hehe. The Dale takes a little more body english in the corners. Now after the corner is where the Dale take charge. I can lug the four stroke and clear 30 foot doubles with no problem.

Overall, I just feel like I have to ride the R so much harder to accomplish the same thing that I can do on the Dale and not get as tired.

Motoman440

#12 Post by Motoman440 »

Originally posted by Brad77

Overall, I just feel like I have to ride the R so much harder to accomplish the same thing that I can do on the Dale and not get as tired.

You summed it up with that statement!!! I'll have to remember that one next time the question comes up somewhere else.

KYmxracer52

#13 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I raced an R in 2002. It had just about everything aftermarket except for the frame. PEP LMT Mass shocks and all. I feell like I can make faster lap times with my Dale than I could the R. The Dale power is just so much more reliable than the two stroke. I like torque the dale has, and to me, handles better than the R did. If I was racing TT, I would probably go with an R, but for MX, the dale hooks up better, and has more consistent power.