thinking about a cannondale

jcmpunk

thinking about a cannondale

#1 Post by jcmpunk »

Okay,
I have researched and read a lot about c- dales, but I still have a few questions.

1. What year or model is the best to get? I mean, what one has the least problems?

2. What are the main problems with cannondales? I have heard about the crank, but I don't really know anything besides that.

3. Also, what is different about the matinence you have to do for these things then other quads?

Thanks for the help! BTW, I am also considering a predator, since they seem pretty good for the price from what I have heard.

cdrookie

#2 Post by cdrookie »

i'm no expert on cannondales but since nobody else replied yet i'd throw my 2 cents at you. i'd say the '03 are the ones to get. a few dealers i talked to said they didn't have as many problems with them as they did the '02's. my '03 le hasn't blown up yet, it's still stock, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed, knocking on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder...
watchout on the predators. they're nice quads but have their problems also! tranny problems on the '03's were common. i've known people who have lost a gear or two. on ex.com, guys said the frames would crack and brake above the tank and shock bolts would bend pretty easy. the polaris dealer in chattanooga, tn was selling '03 predators for$4995 out the door. that sounded like a deal to me.

haydug

#3 Post by haydug »

I was gonna post some links, but do some researching on this site. You will find the answer to any queastion you have or think you have about these bikes. Welcome aboard.

jcmpunk

#4 Post by jcmpunk »

Thanks, actually the 04 preds have corrected the tranny problems from what I have heard.