hydroplanning your cdale

cdalepilot

hydroplanning your cdale

#1 Post by cdalepilot »

i will post some pics soon hopefully. its a blast just skipping across the water on your cdale!:head: make sure the water is calm ,keep your wheels straight, throttle pinned, and your hiney on the rear grab bar and enjoy the ride:head: smile.gif :head: smile.gif biggrin.gif :wow

Jaybr

#2 Post by Jaybr »

4punksdad was going to show us all how to do this on my pond at the last group ride.

Not sure what happened, but he never hit the pond:confused:

EuroGOD

#3 Post by EuroGOD »

:eek: You got me a pond to skim across!!!
Oh that's right...I'll be on a borrowed quad smile.gif

I know, I know :deal: :deal: "You drown it, You fix it!" :hammer: :hammer: :drink: :drink:

Can't wait.

Jaybr

#4 Post by Jaybr »

2 ponds:head:

Just borrow one of Maz's rides for the skimming and you can ride mine for everything else.smile.gif
[img]http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/attachment.php?s=&postid=21427[/img]

LRD 400ex

#5 Post by LRD 400ex »

thanks a big chance you're taking,haha..i can't think of anything worse than sinking. on huevos 3 they got some pretty sick shots of Banshees skimming the water like hundreds of feet in oregon. how deep is the water?and how far can you go before your dale meets the fishes?:cool:

Jaybr

#6 Post by Jaybr »

It's not that deep, we have taken the Arctic Cat across it a few times. There is a low spot in the middle that may be close to seat height on the dale.

The pond is actually flooded from the Hurricane in Sept. and that pic used to be a nice grassy area with a picnic table. The drain pipe was leaking last year and the pond got really low during our drought. My neighbor that I share the ponds with plugged the drain and now it just fills until it runs over the corner of his front yard.

EuroGOD

#7 Post by EuroGOD »

Started packing the waterproofs and silicone already....
Do you think a pair of these will help me float?

I really like the cast-in engine and frame detail.

LRD 400ex

#8 Post by LRD 400ex »

hehe

cdalepilot

#9 Post by cdalepilot »

i usually go for a pool of water out in the dunes that is 25 or 30 yrds and about 4ft. deep in the middle , start on the outside edge and make sure the conditions are right! move your way to the middle after ya got your confidence up. but let me tell ya if the water just a little rough (wind blowing) and you turn your wheels just a little bit then watch out it will stop dead in its tracks,i didnt endo but thats got to be the furthest my friends said they ever seen anybody skip across the water on my back. i'm just glad it didnt hurt except my pride. :head: :head: :usa :wow

Ryanstones

#10 Post by Ryanstones »

I've got a .mov file of a buddy skimming. He almost made it too! LOL I really don't think the potential cost is worth it.

Was hangin around this little mudhole,10'x40', in a sand pit one time, watching the 4x4's get stuck. This barefoot kid says he can get through it on his 400ex, i say BS! He says $20? I'm like ok, no way the 400 will get through that. Kid took his shirt off, got a runnin start and skimmed the $20 right outta my pocket! :hammer: