You know it is Race Season when....

Derno24

You know it is Race Season when....

#1 Post by Derno24 »

Lately I have been getting a big itch. I couldn't quite figure it out until just a couple of minutes ago. For those who don't want alot of reading about stupid stuff skip this thread.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed, as I walked the streets of Philadelphia. That my step quickened whenever I saw a yellow light. I had to beat it. Whenever someone was going to cut in front of me I had to speed up maybe even give them a little elbow rub. It got so bad I almost trucked over an old lady. When I was driving I wouldn't let people in front of me. Man I realized I had a problem, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

:mad:

Well here is the kicker. I just got back from grocery shopping with the wife. Every week we get the same stuff and wind up at the same register. Every week this kid piles the groceries on till I can't move. You know scans grocery, slides onto belt, repeat process. Every week I sit there and you can tell he is snickering. Thining man I got him again. Well campers this week it was on. He went ahead and started scanning. items are flying down the belt and I am picking them off 1 by 1 and getting them in the bag. Both hands flying left to right scooping things up. I hit a small dilema one of the bags wouldn't open up. Darn he was going to do it to me again. Just then swoosh I get it open and right back on pace. As fast as they hit the belt I was stuffing them in bags. When it was all over $101 later I had stuffed everything as fast as he delt it. The look of dumbfoundment came across his face. Today he couldn't gloat at me. HAHAHA!

So with this I let out a holler. My wife replies, "What the Heck are you doing." Not really heck, but you get the idea. I was ready for a victory lap around the store. I quickly realized what it was. Everyone on the site is starting to race and I still have 2 weeks till the season starts. It can't get here soon enough for me or my wife. smile.gif :eek: :eek: :eek: sad.gif

02Cannibal

#2 Post by 02Cannibal »

Yea, it's getting bad.... There is this kid up the street from me. He's 13 years old (maybe), and rides this Artic Cat utility quad up and down the street on the weekends. Usually it doesn't bother me, but this past weekend was different. There sat the Dale, oil changed, filter oiled, plastic nice and shiny. With a quick push of the button, it was time to show this kid who owns this end of the street. Not only did I have to rip by him, leaving nothing but dust, but I also had to show off a bit, pop some wheelies, and do some power slides right in front of him. The dust had settled, and the look on his face was all I needed... Victory was mine.

The fact that I'm twice his age makes me realize
I REALLY NEED TO RACE!

P.S. - Way to kick that grocery boy's a**.

Ryanstones

LMAO at the big boys!

#3 Post by Ryanstones »

Get em fellas!

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

Ready for the 8th Will?

Brad77

#5 Post by Brad77 »

Rofl !!

This is great stuff. I can picture the victory dances in slow motion with the theme music from "The Natural" playing in the background.

Gentlemen, start your engines.

thomez

#6 Post by thomez »

The videos played in my mind so utterly vivid... great stuff. :rotf

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

I was singing Chariots of Fire while all this was going on. smile.gif :eek: smile.gif :eek:

J. Delaney

#8 Post by J. Delaney »

I get Road Racing World every month and this time of year KILLS me! All of the reports from Daytona tire tests, all of the new bikes making their debut, riders switching machinery..... I can't take it any more!! I need this racing season to start!!

USAMoto00

#9 Post by USAMoto00 »

**** it Delaney! I was okay until you had to go and mention Daytona. That's like the traditional begining of the year for me. You know, the "it's on time!!!." I can't take it, where's my race tapes, that'll help. Thomez, you ready for your year to start? I can't wait to watch and root you on in your 1st race!:usa

thomez

#10 Post by thomez »

Umm... I'll be ready as soon as I win the lottery or you donate 5 grand to my cause, whichever comes first :eek: