What would you guys buy if available??

CANNIBALKID

#41 Post by CANNIBALKID »

haydug that france race with the lonestar ti 330r was in atv sport mag. march 2004.

areo do you know that ti has to be welded in a oxygen-free environment???

aroracer72

#42 Post by aroracer72 »

CANNIBALKID
haydug that france race with the lonestar ti 330r was in atv sport mag. march 2004.

areo do you know that ti has to be welded in a oxygen-free environment???

Do you read threads??..or just reply to them withoutn reading them. Im aware of the oxygen free requirement. And were only making a-arms...which will come with 3/4 inch heim joints, and will also come with tie rods. And as for you individuals, whom like to call me names after a cookie....and joke around with making jokes concerning obviously stupid ideas..like lever bolts...........gosh...no comment. Im not shure of a daleriders discount anymore. Ill keep you guys posted.
CHAD

EuroGOD

#43 Post by EuroGOD »

...and Chad gets fired up again..Whoooa there young fella, a simple mis-spelling and a little general fun is not the end of the world.
We're all interested in what you can come up with and any people or companies that continue to develop products for our rides are OK around here...
I'm just hanging out until you have the first set of LT arms available so I can get my CDR discount vouchers out and snap-up a good deal. :deal:

CANNIBALKID

#44 Post by CANNIBALKID »

sorry somebody pissed in your cornflakes.lol j/k dude. as far as the welds go, i must have missed that post..

aroracer72

#45 Post by aroracer72 »

Im not fired up. I just dont take making fuin, and i guessed at first it was misspelling. I just wanted to end it before it did fire me up, thats all. My dad wants to make money..and i want to make money..but not a ton, at lest not at first. It will cost right around 600 for the parts alone, so im trying to sell them to a ferw people for around 750. My dads decided price is 900. Im convincing him to give a deal to you guys, since your all so kind to me rolleyes.gif . Im not mad, just trying to stop it before it begins. Ill fidn out soon and let you guysa know.
CHAD

Derno24

#46 Post by Derno24 »

Chad you still have to chill. We are all friends here and love to mess with people. I would like to see what comes of this, but don't threaten people with your product that isn't cool either. I hope this comes together for you.

jcv440

#47 Post by jcv440 »

I'm sorry, but I'm going out on a limb here.......Titanium anything....how much sense does it make for Cannondales? Seriously, think about this. I'll stop being funny....

There's what, around 5,000 machines out there? out of that 5,000 machines, how many are on here, 1,495. Ti is VERY expensive no matter what your overhead is. Do you really think it's going to be worth the effort to make axles, a-arms, etc out of Ti for 1500 people that will see it, and will actually want to spend the money? People make TI stuff for other models, yes. But, Honda sells 5,000 400ex's a year or more, and they do have the pricing so jacked up, due to the demand for it. It's not alot. They need to justify the cost in order to provide the product. Just something to ponder. Either way, good luck.

wanablaze

#48 Post by wanablaze »

Jim, I don't think that Chad is shooting for 1500 a-arms, I think they're working on an even smaller scale. They would be hand producing each set. They pretty much already have a design to go off of. Being that his father is/was an engineer, I'm sure he can buy Titanium in small quantities. I've also talked with Chad's father, whom has assured me that he's worked with Titanium many times before. In fact, wasn't the bike Chad won his bmx series on made out of Titanium? If this doesn't work out, Chad's father has told me that many of the objects they need to do this are needed to build a barn (I think he said barn, Chad will probably correct me.). So they wouldn't have a whole lot to lose.

Hey Jim, congrats on the Rider of the Month, by the way!!! smile.gif :clap: :head: :usa

Don't worry Chad, Jim is just mad because he won't have a Cannondale to strap these things onto. Lol. :w: biggrin.gif

aroracer72

#49 Post by aroracer72 »

I take jokes a little seriously..so im sorry guys. Im not perfect rolleyes.gif Yeah.......im a joking kind of guy myself....i doint know why i react so badkly on here...........just ignore me...lol. But what wannablaze said is true...except the barn. Were building a 3 place enclosed aluminum trailer. So what we have if this fails...is totally useful to us. Were making a drag quad, so theres a big use for the welder. And yes, well be hand making these, one by one by one........and only 2 people are involved, we'd be lucky SOB's if we sold half of that 1500. They are gonna be 900 list...with some changes due to varying things. They'll come with tie rods....and the 3/4 inch heim joints. Were having some trouble finding the right tubing, what weve found is the right diameter, but a little too thin, .55 to be exact. In fact the titaNIUM WE ARE LOOKING FOR IS NOT PURE TITANIUM. fOR ANY 1 ELSE WHO KnOWS WHAT THEY ARE TALKIGN ABOUT, THE RIGHT TITANIUM TO USE IS SOMETHING LIKE 2% of a material that i cant remember the name, lol, and like around 3% aluminum. Actually...by this addition of amterial almost doubles the tensional strength..which is amazing. And the frame i wont the Grand National BMX championship in 1996 on was titanium. aND AS IVE SAID NUMEROUS TIMES..THIS AINT GONNA BE AS EXPENSIVE AS ALL THE OTHER TI STUFF..THE PRICE LIST ISD VERY CLOSE TO MOST OF THE MAIL ORDERS NAME BRAND lt ARMS. Im at school, so i have to go now...but yeah...theres some typing for you to read for now. lol...l8er guys
CHAD

LRD 400ex

#50 Post by LRD 400ex »

Originally posted by remlapr
400ex biggrin.gif  Just because they aren't the newest thing, there are still 10's if not 100's of thousands of them out there!

yea plus you can get the 250r too if you make the 400ex arms because i'm almost positive the front ends have the same geometry..