cdale or 400ex?

jcmpunk

cdale or 400ex?

#1 Post by jcmpunk »

Hey,
Before I get flamed off the board, I know a cdale will smoke a stock 400ex, but that is not what I am going to ask. What I am going to ask is what will be better for me?

I am going to be riding desert, dunes, and a bit of mx track just for fun. I really want I dale, but the maitenence, avaibility, and sheer power are what is holding me back. I want to be able to soundly beat my brother's lt250r, and I don't know if a 400ex can do that. If I bought a 400ex, it would most likely have engine work done to it though.

My question is, will a cdale be to much for me? I am not a first timer, but I wouldn't consider myself a accomplished rider. What do you guys think? Could I be happy with a 400ex, or would I tire of it quickly? I am asking you guys because, from what I have seen, you guys aren't as biased as some other boards.biggrin.gif Anyway, thanks for listening to my rants! later

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

THIS thread might be of interest to you. Similar situation.

motoxak

#3 Post by motoxak »

well all i have to say is that, from going from my cannondale and riding my friends 400ex it felt like it had no power, it felt weak, but that might just be me and me being used to my cannondale, thats just my 2 cents for right now lol

J. Delaney

#4 Post by J. Delaney »

So for the Dale, buy a D&M kit, and then have someone set the rev limiter to 8500 untill you get used to it. Thats what I plan to do when we get another Dale for the wife.

jcmpunk

#5 Post by jcmpunk »

Thanks for the replys, and thanks for the thread thomez. That is exactly what I was looking for in replies. The only reason I don't want a 400ex is that they are down on power. I don't want my bro's lt250r to be smoking it all the time. Does anyone know if he will (vs. a relatively stock 400ex) thanks.

cdrookie

#6 Post by cdrookie »

in a drag race, i'd put my money on the lt. on trails and the track, as usual, it's more up to the rider.

jcmpunk

#7 Post by jcmpunk »

I ride desert so I am guessing the lt would be better. What about a 440ex?

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

What about a Z400 or clone? VERY good all around bike, reverse, it has it all. A 440 kit on one of those and you can be happy with that power for a while til you are ready for a new Dinli in 2 years smile.gif

I know of one for sale if you are interested... where are you located?

cdrookie

#9 Post by cdrookie »

if you ride mostly in the desert, i'd consider a ds650. they have a great motor and handle well. yeah they're BIG and heavy but if you don't have to worry about pulling it out of the mud, who cares? they are as reliable as it gets, would smoke the lt or 440ex, and used ones are pretty reasonable. they are so smooth you'd think you were riding in a cadillac.

thomez

#10 Post by thomez »

The DS for 04 is shorter, narrower, and lighter I think. All improvements for the land yacht. They are nice bikes.

smile.gif