calibration and fuel pressure regulator

cdale440

calibration and fuel pressure regulator

#1 Post by cdale440 »

how can you tell if your fuel pressure regulator is work correctly? also how do you re calibrate your quad and what does it do?

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

Fuel pressure is checked with a gauge. PSI is 42 or around that. You hook in on the return line at the fuel pump.

Recal you need a D&M kit to do this. Do you have one?

EuroGOD

#3 Post by EuroGOD »

Re-calibrate...now that is a tough one and can describe many different seperate possible changes that you can do with a D&M kit.

ie: To re-calibrate the throttle.
This is where you reprogram the ECU to recognize the fully open/closed throttle settings.
This will improve throttle response in the event that either your thr. cable has stretched or the throttle body itself is getting "worn in".
Also, the final step when re-calibrating the throttle is to warm the quad to operating temperature then set the idle speed.

Yup! That D&M kit is a wonderful thing.

Most of the basic questions, and a lot of trouble shooting advice, can be found in the Electrical and EFI manual....available for download in the Dale Tech section above.

cdale440

#4 Post by cdale440 »

I dont have a D&m kit i dont know what that is. I was just wondering about a few possible problems with my four wheeler. I bet it is just flooded. I havent gone up to mess with it in a while. It died one day and i just left it. I tried to start it with a new plug, it would run but not to a full idle and then it would slowly die. I would say it is only flooded but why would it flood while im riding kinda hard?

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

There is a couple possible problems. Is there a dealer local to you? You might be running the wrong plug. NGK CR9EK. could be swollen tanklines. Give us more insight so we can help you. If it was flooded and you changed the plug much later than that is not your problem now.

The D&M kit is for the Cannondale line. Basically it allows you to load maps and tweak your fuel settings yourself without having a dealer do this.

cdale440

#6 Post by cdale440 »

When it stalled, i pulled it in the garage and changed the plug, i know it was the right one. And like i said, it would start but it wouldnt come to a full idle and then it would slowly idle down untill it quit. It wouldn't start every time like that either. I figured it was flooded so i tried a CR8EK plug to try and get it going. As soon as the weather breaks i will go up and unplug the injectors and try to start it without fuel. I wanna see if it will clean out any. Then ill put the fuel back to it. I was only wondering about the recalibration, i dont think that is the problem.

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Is your idle set high enough. At full warm it should be 2200 rpm's.

cdale440

#8 Post by cdale440 »

it ran fine for a while when i first put it back to gether and idled good the first time i started it. someone may have messed with it but i doubt it. i can check though