Cannondaleriders.com Project Bike

JeffQuadShop

#21 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Doug....are you gonna send me the bike before TX to break in or am I just gonna jump on it and race down there?

haydug

#22 Post by haydug »

Oops, I haven't been paying to much attention lately.
Jim, offer $3000.00
The worst can happen is he will say no. Then tell him to sell it to someone else, oh wait there is nobody in line behind to to :deal:

Hey Jeff, come get it. I hope it is a wide track, you'll look kinda funny on pro row with 18" tires and 50" wide. But if you really want to try it out, come on down.

As for the oil cooling process, I'm not really sure about this. I have heard several opinions on cooling and frame structure due to the baking process and since this bike is mostly for show, I'm not worrying about it to much. I am however checking into having a frame coated with a coating from "replica machinen" it is a black coating that actually pulls heat out of stuff. I know it is expensive but I think it will be worth the effort if it runs cooler. They did a huge article in a motocross action mag about it and they coated brake calipers and cylinder, even suspension. So, once I find all the details out, I'll keep everyone posted.

I'll try and get some updated pictures soon, but not much has changed, I've been spending all my money on other stuff lately (like trying to get this shop going and 2 boy's christmas)

JeffQuadShop

#23 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Ok, I can change that stuff out easily! biggrin.gif

thomez

#24 Post by thomez »

Doug,

What about a frame Jet-Hot coated? biggrin.gif

pdavis

#25 Post by pdavis »

THOMEZ we did that alot with the race cars and the problem with that is it is a ceramic coating ...HEAVY ... it would add almost 2 pounds to an intake manifold,

thomez

#26 Post by thomez »

Hmm.. that would make for a heavy frame then.

How about BBQ grill spray paint? :w:

pdavis

#27 Post by pdavis »

you might be on to something... i had a guy at work build some small parts for his polaris, spray them with engine enamel, then place them in his oven, other than totally pis*ing off his wife and stinking up the house, he said it really good:w:

aroracer72

Put it in the oven ehh.........

#28 Post by aroracer72 »

does that work????....i know its the same concept..and my oven is prolly big enough for my swing arm and a-arms i wanna do...muwwhahaha..i think i found a way to get me grounded for the first time in 3 years!!!...really...does it work>??..but i can get PC'ing done for the price of paint..so maybe i should'nt try it.........lol
CHAD

IBracing300ex

#29 Post by IBracing300ex »

pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics!i want pics!pics pics pics pics pics pics more more more!:eek:

jcmpunk

#30 Post by jcmpunk »

pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics!i want pics!pics pics pics pics pics pics more more more!

What he said!:eek: