My first Cannondale has arrived!

cdalepilot

#11 Post by cdalepilot »

after it is broke in that will help , good call eurogod, get the speed map with stock exhaust until you get familiar with the power and handeling . but most important , DO A GOOD BREAK-IN:usa

TheJaspMan

#12 Post by TheJaspMan »

What is the diffrence between the stock mapping and the Speed mapping?

EuroGOD

#13 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
I sat there for like 10 mins trying to get the SOB in. They were all standing inside laughing at me. I was getting pissed (and embarressed too). I looked like an idiot.

They finally came out and said none of them could ever get Cdales into nuetral with the engine running while sitting still. They said it must just take time to get used to or slip it in while rolling a little.

LOL, we all have the same problem...
Just turn it off, you'll be able to hear yourself think then wink.gif

As for the differences in Cannibal and Speed mapping, the main thing is that the Speed has a 1000rpm higher limiter.
Aside from this, the Cannibal map is the basic "getting to know you" easy power progression and the SPEED is the manic, pulls faster than a 14yo with a copy of Heff's finest map...

When you get used to these, a quick pipe change and you can start exploring the other gruntier maps available.

EuroGOD

#14 Post by EuroGOD »

Has anyone mentioned that you buying a D&M kit would be a wise investment?
It'll help you change maps, adjust the finer points, find faults and impress little old engineers.biggrin.gif

TheJaspMan

#15 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by EuroGOD
LOL, we all have the same problem...
Just turn it off, you'll be able to hear yourself think then wink.gif

As for the differences in Cannibal and Speed mapping, the main thing is that the Speed has a 1000rpm higher limiter.
Aside from this, the Cannibal map is the basic "getting to know you" easy power progression and the SPEED is the manic, pulls faster than a 14yo with a copy of Heff's finest map...

When you get used to these, a quick pipe change and you can start exploring the other gruntier maps available.

Sounds good. Now all I have to do is spring $300 for a D&M kit or find someone in Cincinnati that has one I guess.

TheJaspMan

#16 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by EuroGOD
Has anyone mentioned that you buying a D&M kit would be a wise investment?
It'll help you change maps, adjust the finer points, find faults and impress little old engineers.biggrin.gif

Will it do anything else for me? Or is it mostly just to change maps?

EuroGOD

#17 Post by EuroGOD »

The D&M kit is something that every owner should have.
I could run through some of the finer points, but it would be much easier for you if you could download the manual from the Dale Tech section in the above header.

I'm not wanting to sound lazy or arrogant, but that is one of the best ways I can think to learn. I still use my manual every other day...

thomez

#18 Post by thomez »

Congrats on the purchase :head:

I can't load mine into my truck either, doesn't fit between the wheel wells and doesn't like to go slow enough to load easy. I have to hit it hard them try not to put out the back window :confused: The truck already has a dent under the window from the bumper :mad: :hammer:

danyeo

#19 Post by danyeo »

Welcome welcome!!:usa :usa :clap: :drink: :clap: :usa :usa

USAMoto00

#20 Post by USAMoto00 »

Where did you get your quad at? I want to get a '03 with my tax returns.