My first Cannondale has arrived!

TheJaspMan

#21 Post by TheJaspMan »

I got it at Honda of Troy in Dayton Ohio. After everything including prep I paid $3550 out the door. They had one left.

thomez

#22 Post by thomez »

Better not say that around Jay, I think his truck has the 2nd highest payload in its class, next to another new Jap truck tongue.gif

USAMoto00

#23 Post by USAMoto00 »

Hey Thomez, I figured out how to get on here while at work! Shhhhhh! lol

TheJaspMan

#24 Post by TheJaspMan »

Ah the joys. I went out to admire my new quad and saw an immediate problem. My two year old son was sitting on it, and my seven year old nephew was standing next to it. Key in it and turned to the 'on' position.

As luck would have it I think they either fouled the plug or flooded it.

It cranks but doesn't fire. It tried to start once but immediatly died and then wouldn't fire again. Now it just cranks. I'm sitting here laughing because it doesn't even have 35 mins run time on it. And now it won't start. I know it's something simple. And it won't be the last time.

I figure I'll let it sit over night and try tomorrow. I don't want to kill the battery.

I am working on finding a better place to hide my key...

Jammer72

#25 Post by Jammer72 »

Yep its flooded, its a good time to check what plug is in it too.

USAMoto00

#26 Post by USAMoto00 »

Oh yes, these sweeties are high maintenance. lol:)

wistech

#27 Post by wistech »

I fouled a plug in mine the first week I owned it and have never fouled one since. The secret is to let it run for a few minutes after starting to burn the raw gas out of the cyllinder. I was showing all my friends how it sounded and did a bunch of quick starts and shutdowns only letting it run for a few seconds each time . Big mistake. Now it starts right up even at zero degrees.Live and learn.

On another note please read all the tips for dale owners before you do your first maintence. I can almost guarantee you will install your tranny filter in wrong unless you know what you are doing. Good luck.smile.gif

TheJaspMan

#28 Post by TheJaspMan »

I'm glad I picked up extra plugs when I picked up the quad!!! I was planning on removing the plastic anyways to get used to it. So now is a good as time as any.

haydug

#29 Post by haydug »

now is a good time to put stainless bolts in it. As for you plastic, we have a special for $109 to put red on it, and save the flag for future "college fund" use. That stuff my be worth something before to long.
As for your D&M kit, untill you get the money to buy one, just run up one day and I'll map it for FREE!! :wow
Also, spend alittle time with you going over some stuff that I've learned about the beauties.

USAMoto00

#30 Post by USAMoto00 »

Very nice quad and welcome to the Elite status.:clap: :usa