project MX cannondale almost complete

thomez

#11 Post by thomez »

I thought it looked pretty darn good when you started, can't wait to see it finished up again! Cool pics! biggrin.gif

Ryanstones

I like it.

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

Looking forward to your updates. It's gonna be a GOOD year!
:clap:

cdalepilot

#13 Post by cdalepilot »

is that a long travel swingarm or does all the pep zps shocks allow the cannister to slam into the axle?:confused:

thomez

#14 Post by thomez »

That was actually pretty common with the FMF Ti exhausts, too. The rear will travel more than the exhaust accounted for, whack! a nice dent in your canister. You will see a lot of dented FMF cans for sale if ya look around a lot ( as I can't quit doing).

PEP_250r

#15 Post by PEP_250r »

my TC pipe did hit the caliper before. I only had one spacer and when it went down the whole way it would slam into the brake caliper and axle but i put a bigger spacer in and it solved the problem. As you can see the big dent in my silencer!

thunderwolf

#16 Post by thunderwolf »

What kind of swingarm is that?

EuroGOD

#17 Post by EuroGOD »

Sweet looking build!!
It maybe to late to ask, but what are you doing with the takeoff parts?
I'd be interested in buying/trading some stuff...
PM me.

PEP_250r

#18 Post by PEP_250r »

The swing arm is a Walsh Direct link. as for the take off parts i have some still, but the shocks and the main stuff are already gone. Im trying to sell my from Billet center rolled lips rims if anyones interested!

thunderwolf

#19 Post by thunderwolf »

Why the new swingarm? Did you have a problem with the old one? Does Walsh still sell the one you have? Is it longer travel?

CdaleRacer0128

#20 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

what was wrong with all the JRD stuff that don ran? Swinger well thats it basically. how do you like the quad? i came very very close to buying that thing then decided to mod mine out instead.

I've seen don rip on that thing, it sure as **** moves, and was one of the main reasons i went with cannondale. He kept telling me how he could clear 100' + with that and he couldn't with his yzf he had at the time. i was astonished and couldn't wait to start moddin my dale

also, i guess it must be wtih teh 250R conversion that the cannister hits the calipar there. On my TC the calipar hits on the megaphone part ( the black part before the cannister)