About Fed Up

TheJaspMan

#11 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by EricM
The gas is fresh with a little octane boost. I agree i shouldnt have messed with the idle so soon but it started right up 3 days later and i was on the throttle when it bogged and died so that has nothing to do with the idle, but any input helps narrow things down.

No mice building nests in the air filter either? lol

EricM

#12 Post by EricM »

Nope, the quad was totally stripped a week ago and it ran after that, hopefully something will show up.

cdrookie

#13 Post by cdrookie »

i agree, WV is a beautiful state! driving down the goat path of a road to the new river under the bridge is unbelieveable. hard to believe only 2 people died while making that. but morgantown is crazy. the road signs suck and the whole town is on the side of a cliff. i bet it gets exciting when it snows.
anyways... i'd steer clear of octane boost. i use to run it in my TA till it ruined the float needles in my carb. made a fuel injected car of mine miss also. i'm sure different brands are better than others. but i, or anyone i know, really never experienced any beneficial results from using the stuff. that's just my $.02, give me back some change if you want.

TheJaspMan

#14 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by cdrookie
i agree, WV is a beautiful state! driving down the goat path of a road to the new river under the bridge is unbelieveable. hard to believe only 2 people died while making that. but morgantown is crazy. the road signs suck and the whole town is on the side of a cliff. i bet it gets exciting when it snows.
anyways... i'd steer clear of octane boost. i use to run it in my TA till it ruined the float needles in my carb. made a fuel injected car of mine miss also. i'm sure different brands are better than others. but i, or anyone i know, really never experienced any beneficial results from using the stuff. that's just my $.02, give me back some change if you want.

I ran octane in my two stroke once. It smoked twice as much and I had to switch to a really hot plug. I am not really sure why though. I always understood that higher octances burned faster and cooler?!?!

Disaster

#15 Post by Disaster »

Im sure it will show up.....Ive rode dirtbikes that did that it was a simple fix i believe...

EricM

#16 Post by EricM »

It was late at night when I filled it up and the only gas I could get was 92 and the manual says to use 93 or higher so I put about 2oz of booster in 4gallons of gas, it may not have even raised the octane but I figured why not.

EricM

#17 Post by EricM »

About Morgantown, I have been delivering food here for 3 years to pay for school so I know what you mean. It is actually flat compared to where my parents live and I love snow so I usually deliver when it snows and make huge tips. Just have to avoid steep streets with intersections at the bottom or you will slide into someone.

thomez

#18 Post by thomez »

I like Rosedale myself tongue.gif