Best mod for stock dale

jcmpunk

#11 Post by jcmpunk »

Does it come with the program needed to view the info on your pc?

wistech

#12 Post by wistech »

How about we call it a modding tool? After trying many different maps I can really tell the difference now . Some are great for long trail rides like the (blaze /speed) map and for max power the (moto/speed) is fun but wears you out quiclkly.smile.gif

It comes with all the goods you need to hook up to your laptop or pc and you can even load in new hex codes,maps, change "jetting",diagnose trouble codes, and watch current running data. Unfortunatly you have to purchase additional unlock codes to use it on more than one dale but Optimun has to make money just like everyone else.

jcmpunk

#13 Post by jcmpunk »

long trail rides like the blaze /speed map and for max power the moto/speed is fun but wears you out quiclkly

How is the speed map wearing and good for long trail rides?:confused:

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

I meant the combo (moto /speed) map wears me out after a couple hours from the agressive low end.

The combo jaybr(blaze/speed) map seems to have a smoother low end and midrange and I dont have to shift as much because it lets the quads bogg along . Our long rides are 8 to 12 hour

I would use the regular maps but I am still using a severly gutted toaster exhaust and the combo maps seem to do the trick with that setup.

thunderwolf

#15 Post by thunderwolf »

Yes the D&M, but everything else depends on where and how you are going to ride it.

cdrookie

#16 Post by cdrookie »

the first thing i noticed when i got my dale was it is geared waaaaaayyyyyy to low. and i'm a trail rider! i'd say d&m, gearing, then exhaust.

EuroGOD

#17 Post by EuroGOD »

To start off so that you can fully appreciate where your money goes and how better you feel on the quad, I'd go this route:
Keep it mechanically stock for the start.
Pick up a D&M kit.
Sort the suspension, controls, nerfs, wheels and tyres.
Then go for the exhaust, airbox, 450 + crank etc.

You see so many people upgrading their rides before they've even test ridden them....Makes me wonder where the money comes from?
I've always liked the idea of Titanium nitrided valve caps though tongue.gif

jcmpunk

#18 Post by jcmpunk »

I meant the combo (moto /speed) map wears me out after a couple hours from the agressive low end.

Oh, I see. I thought that you meant the individual maps.smile.gif

MX Quad Dad

#19 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Originally posted by Jaybr
I agree about the D&M, but I consider it a tool not a mod:)

Well if you want to get picky, I would have to change mine.

Because the nerfs and teather are safty equipment. Lot of people don't like teathers, but I watched a quad roll into a tree at an idle after the rider got tossed, Damage was minamil, but if the engine would have shut down it wouldn't have made it to the tree. Dale at Idle reminds me of the energiser bunny just kept going and going

cdrookie

#20 Post by cdrookie »

mx quad dad is right. i totaled my zilla cause i didn't have a tether.

i just put a twist throttle on from a dale dirt bike, a big gun slip on with an 02 stock header, and some 22" razrs, no d&m yet. and this thing really woke up! i never was really impressed with it before but now i can't wait to see what we can do with the d&m.