Maybe you can help me with some info.

JBBSPEED

#11 Post by JBBSPEED »

yep those are two women but there are about 16 others riders not in the pic... Also missing was you.... oh that right you were scared you would get hurt before the FLA GNCC.... no problem..... I will see you at Steel Creek for sure.. and by the way one of those women beat me! She should be racing the mens division she is that good.

Ryanstones

27 is a Mod here, i don't think he'll mind the qoute

#12 Post by Ryanstones »

My '02 cannibal was dated 6/01 and had all the good stuff including bad bearings.:confused:
She was rock solid for a good years riding.
My new motor is 125 units newer, but i'm assuming the crank bearings will fail in this one too if i don't fix the flaw first.

Ya'll NC boys stories are inspirational. Its good to hear stories about how RIGHT the machines can be.

:usa

cannondale27

#13 Post by cannondale27 »

Wow I've been quoted and from another site even.Cool!
We had two quads like yours.One is owned by Dubya(remember him?)and the other went out of state neither one ever had any trouble other than Dubyas' HEX code trouble.Dubya even used his for hunting in Wyoming hauled out antelope with it.

CDMX215

#14 Post by CDMX215 »

what is the measurement between the motor mnt. bolt mine was right around 3" i have an aluminum case seriail#0289 cannibal i also believe i have aluminum head sure looks that way the reason i ask is i just ordered all these parts as insurance i,ve never had any mechanical problems (knock wood) just wanted to freshen up motor thought about 450 motor but didn,t want to loose the relibilty i had

JBBSPEED

#15 Post by JBBSPEED »

Ok went out to remeasure the space between the motor mounts and my memory had stretched the distance a little... The gap between is 2 and 1/2 inches... the spacer that came with the update bolt is 3 inches wide... So I was off a little in my first statement but you can see it will never fit unless I cut it a half inch shorter...

Weird hu? Hey its ok with me as long as nothing breaks.. smile.gif

NRath

#16 Post by NRath »

Good to hear, JBB. Mine has served me well also. I hope I'm not making a mistake selling it for the new one I have. We'll see!

I read the whole post, but don't remember at this point if anyone stated this: you have an older engine case that does not require the motor mount spacer update. Adding it wouldn't be a bad thing, but not required. To make it fit, you have to knock out the threaded inserts. The inserts are making the extra length your having a problem with. The C'dale designed spacer is 2.900", so yours sounds like the correct length. This spacer will fit in either vintage case.

For all that typing, you'll have to take me to some of those sweet NC riding spots this spring!!smile.gif

JBBSPEED

#17 Post by JBBSPEED »

Originally posted by NRath
Good to hear, JBB.  Mine has served me well also.  I hope I'm not making a mistake selling it for the new one I have.  We'll see!

I read the whole post, but don't remember at this point if anyone stated this:  you have an older engine case that does not require the motor mount spacer update.  Adding it wouldn't be a bad thing, but not required.  To make it fit, you have to knock out the threaded inserts.  The inserts are making the extra length your having a problem with.  The C'dale designed spacer is 2.900", so yours sounds like the correct length.  This spacer will fit in either vintage case.

For all that typing, you'll have to take me to some of those sweet NC riding spots this spring!!smile.gif

Ha .... no problemo ... you can go riding with me an my group anytime... just look out for Wyndzer Brother Bo Cuz...
Here is a link to my post on AtvNC about Trail Systems in NC http://www.atvnc.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=4967 ... I will start to post on this site when we are going to go on group rides... Any of you Cannondalers are welcome come as well but leave BO Cuz, Rico, and Taco home...smile.gif smile.gif