Best mod for stock dale

thomez

#21 Post by thomez »

If the quad you get has Arvins shocks then the first thing I would do is look for some Speed Ohlins. And you might bend the wheels fast so that is another good upgrade for a Cannibal or Speed.

EuroGOD

#22 Post by EuroGOD »

Another and totally free mod is to switch positions of the on/off switch and the start switch.
On a standard quad, the on/off toggle sits nearest the grip. Every now and then, when you least expect it, you will turn the quad off....Not very funny, let me tell you.

And for passing on that free tip, I think I deserve a beer from you at the Spring ride at Jaybrs place....you are going aren't you?

TheJaspMan

#23 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by EuroGOD
Another and totally free mod is to switch positions of the on/off switch and the start switch.
On a standard quad, the on/off toggle sits nearest the grip. Every now and then, when you least expect it, you will turn the quad off....Not very funny, let me tell you.

And for passing on that free tip, I think I deserve a beer from you at the Spring ride at Jaybrs place....you are going aren't you?

I you would have offered that tip a week ago I may not have had to buy new underwear a few times on Sat!!!! tongue.gif

I'll tell you how I fixed it: a pair of snips, some soldier and shrink tubing. It now works very well and has become invisable!!! :eek:

EuroGOD

#24 Post by EuroGOD »

Jasp...you cut yours off?

I wasn' t implying anything like that, just switching positions with the starter...

TheJaspMan

#25 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by EuroGOD
Jasp...you cut yours off?

I wasn' t implying anything like that, just switching positions with the starter...

Yep, took it off completly. Don't fret, I did it on my own. I saw no need for it anyways. With my luck I would use the switch and forget to turn the key off anyways. This way I won't forget to switch the key off. It also eliminates one more set of wires running along the handlebars. Seemed a little redundent.