Who took pictures

TheJaspMan

Who took pictures

#1 Post by TheJaspMan »

Does anyone know who took the pictures on the main page of this site? I was wondering what speed film and F stop was used. They are great quality, clear and still show great motion.

cdalepilot

#2 Post by cdalepilot »

get ahold of jaybr, i think he knows ?

Jaybr

#3 Post by Jaybr »

I actually have no idea. PM 465stroker, he sent them to me.

Derno24

#4 Post by Derno24 »

From the look and the detail of the pics I would say regular film not digital for the action pics anything over 400 usually works and f-stop depends on lighting conditions. I could be wrong about the digital thing though only because they are getting better and better at fine details.

TheJaspMan

#5 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Derno24
From the look and the detail of the pics I would say regular film not digital for the action pics anything over 400 usually works and f-stop depends on lighting conditions.  I could be wrong about the digital thing though only because they are getting better and better at fine details.

I was figuring about 200 speed at about F22 with all that background detail. But they could be digital from a mini DV or something. The quailty seems too good to be scanned and to fast to be digital. Thats kinda why I asked.

Derno24

#6 Post by Derno24 »

Well something moving like he is in the action shots 200 might not be enough that was why i was assuming 400. The still shot you could get away with 100.

I would have to say I doubt they are digital though. The fine details are just that too fine. Unless he took them with a higher end digital camera. F stop is hard to tell without seeing the original lighting conditions though.

garysol1

#7 Post by garysol1 »

my guess......F-8 @ 250 there is some blur on the wheels so I would say no faster. could very well be digital..... If you see my portfolio at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~garysolomons/index.html

It is all digital. Except when a REALLY BIG file is needed....digital is fine.

TheJaspMan

#8 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by garysol1
my guess......F-8 @ 250 there is some blur on the wheels so I would say no faster. could very well be digital..... If you see my portfolio at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~garysolomons/index.html

It is all digital. Except when a REALLY BIG file is needed....digital is fine.

Nice shots. Good quality too. :clap:

Derno24

#9 Post by Derno24 »

Nice pics. I was not knocking digital, just making a statement about it. Standard cameras on the shelf not used professionally have a hard time with action shots. Someone who knows how to use them can make them look decent, but fine details like his face in the action shot are hard to get on a standard non-professional digital camera.

TheJaspMan

#10 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Derno24
Nice pics.  I was not knocking digital, just making a statement about it.  Standard cameras on the shelf not used professionally have a hard time with action shots.  Someone who knows how to use them can make them look decent, but fine details like his face in the action shot are hard to get on a standard non-professional digital camera.

I agree. I take about 100 pictures a week and if 5 of them turn out that good I am happy. During the summer I will take 100 shots a weekend at the track or where ever we ride. I am hoping to get better results this year.

My digital Nikon is just too slow for shots like that. And I am still trying to get used to my 35mm Nikon.