maybe c-dalers can appreciate this

mscottiel

maybe c-dalers can appreciate this

#1 Post by mscottiel »

well i know it is not a cannondale but it is pretty dang fast and fuel injected.

thomez

#2 Post by thomez »

I think people can probably appreciate that dent on the bottom of the silencer. A lot of Blaze and Moto's did that to their FMF. I don't know how R&D can miss that one ...

Ryanstones

I like it.

#3 Post by Ryanstones »

never really looked at one before.

:welcome:

haydug

#4 Post by haydug »

:clap:
Good looking machine. Hope you have good luck with it. I raced a Gas Gas 250 (bike) in 1999 and had nothing but praise for the bike.
Keep us posted on long term reliability, and if you experience any problems with it.

sillysspeed

nice machine

#5 Post by sillysspeed »

not to many of those around!! anyone make a pipe for it?

Brad77

#6 Post by Brad77 »

I like it,

The machine really does look sleek and fast. I have heard they are heavy, but I havn't seen one in person.

Can the fuel injection be remapped and tuned by the end user like the Dales can?

EuroGOD

#7 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by Brad77
I like it,

The machine really does look sleek and fast. I have heard they are heavy, but I havn't seen one in person.

It's been a few years since riding one, but they aren't that heavy.
I wasn't comfortable with the weight bias, the majority of the weight is on the front wheels. Darn thing would push straight through corners if you weren't concentrating. The 2 stroke was much the same.
In short, not as neutral as a dale.

Still a nice ride though and there is a lot of potential in that there block.
How's your Spanish rolleyes.gif

mscottiel

#8 Post by mscottiel »

Originally posted by thomez
I think people can probably appreciate that dent on the bottom of the silencer. A lot of Blaze and Moto's did that to their FMF. I don't know how R&D can miss that one ...

i hated when i looked at that and saw that. i even moved the exhaust over about 3/4 inch so it wouldn't hit the lock nut on the axle too. it was originally a street machine in spain so that is why they probably didn't know but they should of did a little more r&d on it in my opinion, but it shouldn't go any lower than that so it will be ok.

mscottiel

Re: nice machine

#9 Post by mscottiel »

Originally posted by sillysspeed
not to many of those around!! anyone make a pipe for it?

not that i know of but since this is only the second year i am sure someone will be getting one soon.
the stock exhaust is very nice though. arrow has been making performance exhaust for a long time for street, track and offroad. they are more of a european company though so we don't hear of them as much. i actually cut the exhaust down from stock. it used to come up and bend so it pointed straight back. it was very quiet and i cut off about 3/4 of the length of the packing but kept the section that has chambers. i am not sure if i gained much power from doing so but it keeps the silencer from hitting the ground when i set the quad up to clean underneath it(thats how far back it stuck out), and it sounds alot better.

mscottiel

#10 Post by mscottiel »

Originally posted by Brad77
I like it,

Can the fuel injection be remapped and tuned by the end user like the Dales can?

it doesn't feel any heavier than any other quad i have had so it can't be that much heavier. i think the weight is around 375 but that is with oil, coolant, fuel,etc. i have taken off every wire that was not necessary. i took off over one pound of wiring alone. all lights, shaved off the fenders some, cut down the exhaust, etc. the swingarm has been shortened 2 inches. i can remove the rear skidplate too if i wanted. there is still places i could save weight. dirtwheeels did a comparison to the yfz450 and 450r and this was 50 lbs heavier than those but i know that the 2004 model is about 10 or 15 lbs heavier and also they filled the gas tank up completely (4.3 gallons compared to 3.2 and 2.6 gallons). also the gasgas has nerfs already and full skid plates. it wasn't really a fair weight comparison. if they would have put nerfs on the honda and yamaha and one gallon in each quad and made them equal in those aspects then the weights would have been alot closer.

yes the fuel injection can be remapped. randy abbot at stover cycle sales actually did some work to this quad before i bought it and remapped the FI to get it a little richer. i am not sure what the program costs though. i am sure you have seen some of randys stuff on here. he knows what he is doing for sure.