maybe c-dalers can appreciate this

mscottiel

#11 Post by mscottiel »

Originally posted by EuroGOD
It's been a few years since riding one, but they aren't that heavy.
I wasn't comfortable with the weight bias, the majority of the weight is on the front wheels. Darn thing would push straight through corners if you weren't concentrating. The 2 stroke was much the same.
In short, not as neutral as a dale.

Still a nice ride though and there is a lot of potential in that there block.
How's your Spanish rolleyes.gif

hola amigos. como estas.

i know what you are saying about the weight bias. it feels better since i have a shorter swingarm because it balances out better but the turning thing is due to the caster being off a little bit. remember it was originally designed to be drove on the street so the caster angle is designed to be more like a car and less like a offroad vehicle so the wheels and handlebars want to return to center when cornering.

cdalepilot

#12 Post by cdalepilot »

nice quad dude !:head:

cannibalq8

#13 Post by cannibalq8 »

we have both the gg300 and 450 ... the 300 stroke can beat piped banshee's .... the gg450 throttle response is good but not like our dales .. we test it against the piped yfz450 .. to be honest with u guys the yfz WAXED the gg450 ( maybe coz its not re-mapped ) .. other things is fine on it ... my buddy didnt face any problem with it until now.

for GasGas rider please check www.gasgasatv.com .. there too many info, news , performance mod ... or

call Kevin at 214-263-2559 .. he is super nice guys and he is GasGas Godfather such Maz smile.gif)

jcmpunk

#14 Post by jcmpunk »

How is the handling on that gasgas? Have they fixed the suspension yet? It looks sweet, and soo wide!

mscottiel

#15 Post by mscottiel »

Originally posted by jcmpunk
How is the handling on that gasgas? Have they fixed the suspension yet? It looks sweet, and soo wide!

the handling is really good and it feels very comfortable to ride. the suspension is good and one reason alot of people think it needs fixed is because it is not set up for their riding style or ability. the ohlins shocks are great and just need dialed in to whoever is going to be racing it. at least i don't have to scrap the stock shocks and pay 1500 - 2000 for aftermarket and then pay to have them set up properly too.

with my 4/1 offset fronts it comes in right at 50 inches wide.

how fast a quad is depends on who is riding it. at my first race out with this quad there were 3 yfz 450s and a new honda 450r and a built 400ex plus a couple z400s and some more 400ex's. the 400ex took the holeshot and a yfz 450 was behind him then it was me. so i beat 2 yfz450s and the honda 450r out of the hole. my throttle cable stuck going into the third turn and i had to try to fix it but eventually i just fought it the whole race but i am looking forward to my next race. i just learned a lesson that i need to lube the cables when i get done washing it so it doesn't happen again.biggrin.gif

MX Quad Dad

#16 Post by MX Quad Dad »

Did you actualy weigh it? If you did, I think DW needs to get a new calculator. Useing your number I figure 25 pounds diffrence, and like you said the others have no fuel, oil or nerfs plus don't forget the width. By the time you add the axle and A-arms there won't be much if any diffrance. Besides all that DW uses factory claimed dry weight Which I don't believe. Someone on one of these fourms said they saw one on a scale with fluids and it tipped the scales at 371 pounds. That is without nerfs and at the stock width. Unless Gas Gas buys 4 pages of adds for 4 or 5 years they might get a tie in a shootout

jcmpunk

#17 Post by jcmpunk »

Yeah, didn't dirt wheels say that it weighed 430lbs or something like that? That is heavier then a predator! I don't believe it.sad.gif

Dale512

#18 Post by Dale512 »

I was considering getting a GG450, but I'm gonna go with the YFZ for now, the Crank went out on the Dale, but I'm gonna keep it too and send the motor ATK and make the Dale an XC quad and the YFZ a MX quad. One thing about the GasGas is if I had one, I woulda went for the 04, put some Hipers with Blue Rings on it, get the shocks converted too ZPS, get it Remapped, Quadtech Carbon Fiber 400EX Hood, and a AC Front Bumper, and see if I could find someone too build me a real exhaust for it.

mscottiel, I see your in Ohio, I beleive HMF is located in Ohio, you ever thought about talking too them and getting an Exhaust Built?

I also know Mickey Dunlap is doing some motor work on these.

Also where/who shortened the Swinger for you?

Mickey Dunlap is working very closely with GasGas and says they have great things coming within the next few years, so I still might end up with one.

mscottiel

#19 Post by mscottiel »

Originally posted by Dale512
I was considering getting a GG450, but I'm gonna go with the YFZ for now, the Crank went out on the Dale, but I'm gonna keep it too and send the motor ATK and make the Dale an XC quad and the YFZ a MX quad. One thing about the GasGas is if I had one, I woulda went for the 04, put some Hipers with Blue Rings on it, get the shocks converted too ZPS, get it Remapped, Quadtech Carbon Fiber 400EX Hood, and a AC Front Bumper, and see if I could find someone too build me a real exhaust for it.

mscottiel, I see your in Ohio, I beleive HMF is located in Ohio, you ever thought about talking too them and getting an Exhaust Built?

I also know Mickey Dunlap is doing some motor work on these.

Also where/who shortened the Swinger for you?

Mickey Dunlap is working very closely with GasGas and says they have great things coming within the next few years, so I still might end up with one.

the actual silencer is actually very nice but it is the curvy pipe that i thought about changing but i may get in touch with hmf and see if they would be interested in making me something.

the swingarm was shortened in missouri by a man that builds dragsters. not quad dragsters but 5,000 horsepower dragsters, funny cars and stuff. anyway he cut out 2 inches and i was told by the dealer that sold it to me that he used 51 welding rods to put it back together. it looks stock and he even welded a shock mount farther back incase i ever wanted to tt race the bike. maybe i will get a close up so you can see the swingarm.

as far as the mods you mentioned, my 03 has been updated to the same as the 04, the hiper fronts won't fit because of the size of the brake caliper and the banjo bolt rubs the inside of the wheel bad, if i get some extra cash i would like to get zps shock conversion too, but the dual rate springs and adjustable rebound and compression is not bad. i have had it mapped to run a little richer by gasgas. i think the quadtech hood like mickey has looks really cool too. i like the factory bumper -- it works good and no one else has one like it. i am working on the exhaust.

thanks for the hmf idea