West Coast RollCall.....

Jaybr

#31 Post by Jaybr »

Brian, I don't think anyone here is upset about your event, I know I'm not.

What you descriped is very much like what we did here last Sept, and are doing again in May. (except I don't have 42000 acres sad.gif ) We did tune ups for free, and general maintenance, but if someone wants Maz, Scott, Haydug, or any of the other top notch techs to install a 450 kit or new crank, I certainly would expect them to get paid for it. I fully expect dealers and riders to be selling and swapping parts, and any work that gets done is between the tech and the owner.

I wouldn't really call it competition, but the more events that occur, the less attendance we will have at each of them. There are guys coming here from all over, many of them traveling 1000 miles or more (Eurogods coming from Netherlands). We are expecting 50+ Cannondales, and who knows how many other brands will be here.

If there where multiple events in different areas I'm sure they would all be a great time, but we wouldn't have such a mass gathering at any of them.

Your in no way infringing on our event, as I doubt any west coast owners where planning to drive all the way across the country. But I'm sure there are folks in your neck of the woods that may have attended the ATK event, who will now attend yours instead.

It's all good, as any excuse to ride, especially with other Cannondales, is great.

J. Delaney

#32 Post by J. Delaney »

Brian, I appreciate what you are doing with socaldale.com. Unfortunately, I have a very pregnant wife and a small child at home so it just isn't in the cards this time around. If you decide to do a Norwestdale.com event please don't hesitate to drop me a line as I would love to help plan/coordinate. It would be soo cool to have a bunch of dialed in Dales tearin it up at dune fest!

bphillman

#33 Post by bphillman »

My wife is a photographer, and is now bugging me to do norwestdale.com so we can take pics. Looks like you have another (very influencial!) supporter......

smile.gif

J. Delaney

#34 Post by J. Delaney »

What is your wife's mailing address? I need to know where to send the bribes! Does she like chocolate? Mrs. Hillman! If you can hear me, keep bugging Brian about coming up to the Oregon coast! It's real pretty. Very scenic. And green too.smile.gif

Ryanstones

Good Luck with the event guys!

#35 Post by Ryanstones »

It sounds like an awesome time, and I expect you'll get a good turnout.

Way to keep the dream alive!

:clap:

bknight

#36 Post by bknight »

http://www.sandwizards.com/Main.htm
this is all i could find on pic of the dune fest
i think last yr there was about 12,000 ppl there
now if you what to get let say cannondale back on the map this would do it
sorry left side on events

jcmpunk

#37 Post by jcmpunk »

If I get a dale, I may have to go out there! Ocotillo is very sick!

jcmpunk

#38 Post by jcmpunk »

Hey mxracer or anyone who knows,

Do you know exactly where you guys will be camped? Ocotillo is a BIG place, could you post directions?

I would check your site, but my dang parental controls are acting up again!:mad: I will try again later. Thanks!

bphillman

#39 Post by bphillman »

I will be going out this weekend, or next and checking out the spot I have in mind. I will post exact directions as well as the GPS coordinated of the campsite.. Though I doubt we will be hard to miss. We will be trying to stand out!

Canniboomer

#40 Post by Canniboomer »

Wow, a professional photographer amongst our ranks!..can I buy the month of August page on the upcoming Northwestdale.com
2005 action-shots calendar? Of course no close-ups -- wouldn't want to crack a lens.