Nerfs, Oils, Rims

CdaleRacer0128

Nerfs, Oils, Rims

#1 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

ok well i will be picking up the dale in about a week or two and have a few minor questions..

1 the cannondale nerf bars can i get them from any dealer? and if so how much do they tend to cost? are they the best ones or should i look at ac's or graydon maybe

2 the stock rims, will they hold up in MX? ive heard that b/c they are not rolled they arent the greatest.

3. what kind of oils do you guys run in your dales? for the tranny, and engine which are the best

thanks my dad just wants to make sure we get everything
already bought the bars for it

TricityCdale

#2 Post by TricityCdale »

The stock wheels will definately get beat up in MX. Mine look like crap, I just can't get the wife to let go of enough money to get some Hypers. Some day.

I use Mobil1 15W50 (red cap) in the motor and Redline Superlight Shockproof in the tranny. I finally found a local Redline dealer so I will probably start running it in the motor as well. The stuff is awesome, but pricey.

CdaleRacer0128

#3 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

alright cool any more insights please tell me! one thing i dont really enjoy having the giant gap behind my feet so would the stock healguards work with the ac? or they come with them? ill probalby get pro pegs

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

yeah but his arent pro pegs..thats what i was looking for. maybe ill just go with the factory ones as i rather have good pegs and save my foot at the same time!

jcv440

#5 Post by jcv440 »

Check out a moto or a Blaze before you buy the stockers first, I don't like how the nets are. There's alot of space between the engine and the end of the nerfs. I have the AC Pro Pegs, check out my pics. The location of the nets is alot better. Marcums sells them for a real good price, usually cheaper than anyone, including shipping.

I do have Redline oil in stock, it's top of the line stuff. Shoot me an email if you'd like to order some.

Jim

CdaleRacer0128

#6 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

thanks jcv ill look into that, could u send me some pictures? or post them here so i can take a look...thanks i might have to do that ordering business with you in a few weeks, redline is for the engine or tranny?

Redman

#7 Post by Redman »

I like graydon prolines propeg nerfs. I use Maxima 80W in the tranny and 10w-40 semi synthetic in the engine. I have had no problems what so ever. Definetly go with some new rims. I run beadlocks rear and rolled lip rims up front.

Knight440

#8 Post by Knight440 »

graydon pro pegs
New rims for sure "OMF" or http://www.cannondaleriders.com/vbb/showth...s=&threadid=211

jcv440

#9 Post by jcv440 »

Yeah, here's a pic off the nerfs. Graydon's are nice, but you pay for it. AC's are right up there quality of construction wise, but with less cost.

Cannondale is going to be switching to the Redline, they've done some extensive testing on it. We switched to it and it's been great stuff.

Pic of nerfs

LapTraffic

#10 Post by LapTraffic »

Dont know on the nerfs as I dont have any yet.

I run Redline 10W40 in the engine and the light weight shockproof in the tranny. Im hitting neutral much easier now which was an issue with the Honda stuff I had in there.

The Rims are garbage, I dented 3 of mine significantly in the first few hours of riding, including break- in. After 10 hours, well... they're pretty scary.

JVC can you PM me with prices on your Redline stuff delivered? I ordered my last stuff from summit, no issues but I'd keep my business on this board before sending it elsewhere.