Got Backflip???

NRath

That was awesome!!

#11 Post by NRath »

Heck yeah the quad was pegging the rev limiter- wanted them wheels turning to help get the quad around!! Looks like they had a good plan for trying it. Build the gap up high in the center so if he bailed, him and the quad wouldn't have far to go! And the snow was looking pretty soft, couldn't ask for a better cushion. Flat out, the guy isn't right for even trying it. There's no way you'd ever catch me trying something sick like that. More props to him!! I did enjoy watching it. I wonder if made it on his first try?

NRath

#12 Post by NRath »

Interestingly.... Mr. YFZ riding J. Guetter is a C'dalerider's member! Appears he kept up with C'dale a bit back in the good days. I think he was in the first 20 that joined the site. Been a while since he's been around, though.

atvrulz

#13 Post by atvrulz »

Cool Video. Those guetter brothers live near me. Crazy as ****.

EuroGOD

#14 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by NRath
Interestingly....  Mr. YFZ riding J. Guetter is a C'dalerider's member!  Appears he kept up with C'dale a bit back in the good days.  I think he was in the first 20 that joined the site.  Been a while since he's been around, though.

Yup, I saw his name in the b'day section a few weeks ago.

TheJaspMan

#15 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by NRath
Interestingly....  Mr. YFZ riding J. Guetter is a C'dalerider's member!  Appears he kept up with C'dale a bit back in the good days.  I think he was in the first 20 that joined the site.  Been a while since he's been around, though.

Just like a 'bad seed', he's too busy to keep up with the family these days!!!! tongue.gif

Disaster

#16 Post by Disaster »

Yeah the backflip was insane no matter what way u look at it....

CDMX215

#17 Post by CDMX215 »

GOT SACK ??????

thats awesome i don,t even want to do that by accident!!!

NRath

#18 Post by NRath »

Originally posted by CDMX215
GOT SACK ??????

That ain't no joke!!! I'm guessing that to commit to trying something like that, you've got to be willing to die!!! Because it's very possible!!!

mxquadracer

#19 Post by mxquadracer »

took Jon 4 tries before he nailed it, here's a little top secret interview... that isn't quite so secret, lol. Jon's a pimp:clap:

Serm: O.K. Jon first question, what the ****?

Jon: What do you mean by that?

Serm: Listen buddy I??????????????????m asking the questions here!
(Both laughing)

Serm: You know, what was going through your head?

Jon: ****, I??????????????????m still thinking about the first question
(Laughter irrupts)

Serm: Seriously though.

Jon: You mean before it happened or when I was upside down?

Serm: Before it happened.

Jon: This has been going through my head for a long time. I??????????????????ve been ready to do this for 8 months or more but we just didn??????????????????t have the right ramp or a safe landing. I was going to do it in to some hay a while ago but you wouldn??????????????????t let me!

Serm: hey man, I was just trying to keep you alive.

Jon: I know. Thanks. That??????????????????s sweet of you.

Serm: Screw you Jonny!
(More laughter, lots more)

Serm: What else were you thinking?

Jon: I was sick of hearing all these other guys talk **** about doing a flip. Dudes have been saying how they have done it or tried it but know one seems to have any proof. I wanted to shut people up and put quads and all of the Bomb Squad sponsors on the map so I just did it.

Serm: O.K. What about the day it happened? What was it like to watch this big landing ramp be constructed for you and only you?

Jon: It was pretty awesome to see it all come together but I really didn??????????????????t think much about it. That??????????????????s not really they way I do things. I pretty much just strap my helmet on and go for it.

Serm: I know. I??????????????????ve seen you ride.
(More laughter)

Serm: Where did all of this take place and who helped you out?

Jon: We did it at Snow Valley ski area in Cali. Those people really hooked us up. They rock! As far as helping me out goes???????????????..You know who set it up.

Serm: The people reading this don??????????????????t

Jon: Good point. Well obviously you and Wes hooked it all up. That??????????????????s pretty much slandered procedure with everything we do. I think you and Wes both set these things up ahead of time but I??????????????????m not sure. We had a whole bunch of the Snow Valley staff helping out which was nice. Plus we had some other friends there to help.

Serm: Who were they?

Jon: Wes handles all of the filming and all of the film crews. You always handle building the landings and making sure all of us stay safe.

Serm: What about people other than Wes and I?

Jon: My brother Dan was there, Taylor Moles, Dave Smith, Kory Ellis, Mike Deezel, my cousin David and a tone of photographers and video crew.

Serm: Nuff beating around the bush. You??????????????????re going at the ramp for the first time. Now what??????????????????s in your head?

Jon: Like I said, I really don??????????????????t think about this stuff. I was just concentrating on my speed and making sure I stay committed.

Serm: Dude it was so burly watching go at that ramp for the first time. How many times did it take for you to get it down?

Jon: It took me four attempts before I got it perfect. The first time I under rotated a little and just missed it. The second time I pretty much had it done but my knee hit the key switch in the air and shut the quad off and it stopped rotating. I landed the same way as I did the first time and jacked my shoulder up pretty bad. The third time I landed it but the bike washed out on me and I had to abort ship. The last time???????????????..

Serm: Wait, wait, wait???????????????..This is your last attempt. You have almost made it 3 times. What??????????????????s in your head this time as you approach the ramp?

Jon: I was thinking that my shoulder hurts real bad so I better make it count.

Serm: and did you ever. You stomped it perfectly and road away. It was the sickest thing I have ever seen

Jon: Ya, I was stoked! I??????????????????m still really excited. It seems like it didn??????????????????t even happen.

Serm: It did brother. I saw it myself.
(More laughter)

Serm: How??????????????????s it feel to be the only person to accomplish this stunt?

Jon: Unbelievable!

Serm: Anything else you want to say before we finish?

Jon: Ya, Umm, I would like to thank You and Wes, H-Bomb Films, Division Four, IMS, Roll, Denton, Temecula Motor Sports, Yamaha, Giant RV, Weekend Warrior Trailers, Denton Racing, Shift, ITP, Black Fly??????????????????s, DVS Shoes, Fox, Snow Valley, my family and of course Mike Deezel.

Serm: Were done Dude. Wanna go celebrate St. Paddy??????????????????s day?

Jon: Malarky??????????????????s?

Serm: Dam right!

4punksdad

#20 Post by 4punksdad »

yeah......these guys are exriders members too. Jon and his brother used to post over there all the time. I am not sure if he still does. I dont go there much myself. Matter of fact...........I think rico let him crash at his place when he went to his first freestyle competition in KY.