putting the dale back together

Jaybr

#11 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by bouncerdude
the ball is there jaybr, but where can i get a new or another actuator? i would like to get one this week if possible. i have the clip derno, unfortunatly it was the actuator that broke. i wish it was the clip that would be an easy and inexpensive fix. im still confused on why it felt like i was riding the clutch when i tried to ride the machine. it felt exactly like i had the the lever depressed about half way.

I need one myself, I'll let you know if I find one.

My quad has been sitting in the garage for about 6 months now with the motor out, apparently one of the many kids in and out of the garage decided they needed to pull that lever:mad:

Derno24

#12 Post by Derno24 »

Couldn't you guys just get this from Magura???

Jaybr

#13 Post by Jaybr »

Yes, Magura still has them $45 + shipping, just ordered mine.

Someone posted not long ago that Magura had stopped making them, so I wanted to get the scoop before posting.

Contact info:
MAGURA USA
1902 MILLER DRIVE
OLNEY, IL 62450
PH 618 395 2200 extn. 23

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

I am curious if magura makes something like this for another machine. They make clutches for street bikes and all. I would think they would still support this a little.

OCMANJOE

#15 Post by OCMANJOE »

Magura makes kits for prety much every sport atv.

Derno24

#16 Post by Derno24 »

I know they do, but the dilema will be the cylinder that mounts to the motor. That part they may stop making or the parts going to it. No quad uses that style. I do know that some street bikes have similar styles. Just curious if there is one identical to ours.

ex kid

#17 Post by ex kid »

ron where is yours?

bouncerdude

#18 Post by bouncerdude »

thanks for the info on magura jaybr. but im still wondering what is going on with the clutching system on my quad. i know the actuator is a problem, but is it causing the quad to act like the lever is depressed half way? ive read my manual and the dealer manuals and i cant figure it out.:confused: i appreciat any help that i can get.smile.gif

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

I would say that anything not working 100 percent in the clutch area will cause adverse reactions to the drive train. I would bet that is your problem...

Jaybr

#20 Post by Jaybr »

Bouncerdude,

Make sure that the last metal ring is fully seated on the basket. First time I pulled my clutch that last metal ring was stuck up inside the pressure plate and didn't line up with the teeth on the basket when I put it back on. That's how I broke my first slave cylinder and it acted just like your describing.