Nerfs, Oils, Rims

haydug

#11 Post by haydug »

Use Redline oil if you can find it. I have installed numerous sets of AC nerfs with stock footpegs and stock heel guards, no problem. Trade your new wheels in to dealer before you ride on them, they bend in the driveway.

LapTraffic

#12 Post by LapTraffic »

You can see the rim damage in this photo. I would definately negotiate an upgrade before you take the bike home and upgrade it.

This is not rider abuse, unless being fat is abusive smile.gif

Ryanstones

Where's the chrome valve stem caps?

#13 Post by Ryanstones »

You're suppposed to steer around the rocks Lap! what PSI are you running? That looks fairly typical though. Cutoff a 2x4 and round the edges and go to work on those puppies with a hammer. Looks like they still hold air, that's all you can hope for. I don't know why you think c'dale is gonna help you out with ITP's rims? Looks like abuse to me. big guy. :eek: This rim has been beat out twice from dents as bad as yours. Only holds air for a day. HiPers on order.

Ryanstones

old school nerfs

#14 Post by Ryanstones »

A/C's werent available when i bought my 'dale. I'm real happy with these Musser Racing nerfs.

LapTraffic

#15 Post by LapTraffic »

The chromies were added after the picture, I know it looks like abuse, its **** near bent in half.

This was riding in my yard like in the picture of the warrior in my signature. I had less than 3 hours on the machine including break in.

Tire pressure was 5 in front and 5 in back, I have since increased the pressure to 6 in front and 5.5 in back, not much difference though.

My observation is a relative one. I rode the warrior in the same area, more than 30 hours, and in a much harder fashion, one that I would say was bordering on abusive, Ive never had an issue with its wheels.

In 1/10th the time and riding much less agressively (I was still trying to get used to the bike) I dented 3 of 4 rims.

Not whining, I love the bike, just stating an observation that a 7000 bike should have rims with a life span of over 3 hours wink.gif

Ryanstones

#16 Post by Ryanstones »

yea but you weren't going sooo fast when you hit whatever on the warrior:p
Plus it has the rolled edge wheel. I was real disappointed when i took my first dings too. What ya gonna do? ya know. Buy better wheels. I've got hipers coming, but may cancel or sell em. I think i would rather have some shine under my rubbers.biggrin.gif bling.

LapTraffic

#17 Post by LapTraffic »

Im gonna b!tch about it like some impotent fool and take it up the tail pipe just like veryone else who bought the bike wink.gif

I thought carbon fiber was blingyer (sp?) than aluminum? smile.gif

Redman

nerf bars

#18 Post by Redman »

Back on nerf bars. I will probably get nerf soon and am wondering about a few things. I want AC nerf but dont think I need propeg. I like propegs but the $50 difference is too much. My stock pegs are nice and can be sharpened. I want the nerfs that go into the frame like the blaze/moto kind. I don't have the nock outs though. Can it still be done?

LapTraffic

#19 Post by LapTraffic »

I 'think' you need the knockouts, but I cant be sure.

I was looking at making some nerfs for my bike, I was going to use 9mm climbing rope instead of strap webbing, anyone know why the webbing is kept so loose?

Redman

#20 Post by Redman »

So you can tilt your boot down to shift.