Finished Status Light Project

Derno24

#31 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by TheJaspMan
With the right pins it works out awsome. All you do is pull them small rubber nubs from the original socket (you don't even have to remove it). The shove the new pins with wires attached in the holes until they 'click' and lock in place. The rubber seals tight around each wire.

I am sure you covered this, but where did you get the connectors?

TheJaspMan

#32 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Derno24
I am sure you covered this, but where did you get the connectors?

LADD Industries. THey are in Ohio. I'll see if I can find the number on my desk.

Derno24

#33 Post by Derno24 »

Thanks!

TheJaspMan

#34 Post by TheJaspMan »

Thanks!

Here you go:

LADD Corporate Facility
4849 Hempstead Station Drive
Kettering, OH 45429
Phone
800-223-1236
Fax
(937) 438-9755

Derno24

#35 Post by Derno24 »

I am getting with 02Cannibal this weekend so he will give me the heads up and I will order these then. Thanks. Any part#

TheJaspMan

#36 Post by TheJaspMan »

I am getting with 02Cannibal this weekend so he will give me the heads up and I will order these then.  Thanks.  Any part#

I'm trying to find those too.

Derno24

#37 Post by Derno24 »

You da Man!!!!

garysol1

#38 Post by garysol1 »

do the pins unplug easy enough so you can plug your D&M kit in or is it a pain? I wonder if I should not hard wire mine in so the plug is left open for the D&M.

(quote)
With the right pins it works out awsome. All you do is pull them small rubber nubs from the original socket (you don't even have to remove it). The shove the new pins with wires attached in the holes until they 'click' and lock in place. The rubber seals tight around each wire.

TheJaspMan

#39 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by garysol1
do the pins unplug easy enough so you can plug your D&M kit in or is it a pain? I wonder if I should not hard wire mine in so the plug is left open for the D&M.

(quote)

Notice that the pins go through the top of the seal cap. The little nubs just pull out and you replace them with the pins. When you want to hook up the D&M kit you simply remove the cap as always and plug it in.

Derno24

#40 Post by Derno24 »

I may be a little niave here, but you don't hook your d&m kit there. If that is the connector in the airbox then that is not where the hook up is. The hook up is on the left side (when sitting on the quad)under the fender.