Finished Status Light Project

garysol1

#41 Post by garysol1 »

I was assuming that the plug in the airbox was the D&M plug. The D&M IS my next purchase so I was the naive one on that..... Thanks Derno

Originally posted by Derno24
I may be a little niave here, but you don't hook your d&m kit there.  If that is the connector in the airbox then that is not where the hook up is.  The hook up is on the left side (when sitting on the quad)under the fender.

TheJaspMan

#42 Post by TheJaspMan »

I may be a little niave here, but you don't hook your d&m kit there.  If that is the connector in the airbox then that is not where the hook up is.  The hook up is on the left side (when sitting on the quad)under the fender.

Nope, I am the niave one.

I do not own the D&M kit. And when he asked that question I assumed that is where it plugged in. Therefore I spoke out of my big dumb ***.

And now I have even less of a clue what that plug would be for except that I still used the mud cover that was on it.

:drink: :no:

Derno24

#43 Post by Derno24 »

I am pretty sure that the plug you are tapping into is the one you add the map-select and status light set-up from optimum.

TheJaspMan

#44 Post by TheJaspMan »

I am pretty sure that the plug you are tapping into is the one you add the map-select and status light set-up from optimum.

I guess that would explain why it works.... tongue.gif

02Cannibal

#45 Post by 02Cannibal »

Derno is correct. They call this the Accessory connector. This is where the status lights, map select, and rider trim accessories plug into. The Diagnostics connector is a different connector located outside the airbox and is used for the D&M.

The instructions for the lights are intended for those that do not have any of Optimum's accesories. Optimun uses an adapter cable that changes the pin-outs for the accessory "pods" that they sell and would not work with this mod.

garysol1

#46 Post by garysol1 »

has anyone used pins other than the ones from Ladd? Any input on a pin from radio shack that works well? Thanks

TheJaspMan

#47 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by 02Cannibal
Derno is correct.  They call this the Accessory connector.  This is where the status lights, map select, and rider trim accessories plug into.  The Diagnostics connector is a different connector located outside the airbox and is used for the D&M.

The instructions for the lights are intended for those that do not have any of Optimum's accesories.  Optimun uses an adapter cable that changes the pin-outs for the accessory "pods" that they sell and would not work with this mod.

Probably for the best anyways. I can't imagine spending that kind of money for their stuff and then running both.

I wonder if the D&M kit is good for anything else?

02Cannibal

#48 Post by 02Cannibal »

I'm sure you could find other pins that would work. I used some pins that I had sitting around, probably from Radio Shack, but I don't have a part number. You would have to try a few and see what fits. I do know the power connector pins they sell are to big.

JaspMan - I don't know what you mean by using the D&M kit for other things. The D&M tool uses a system very similar to OBD on a car, but I don't think it could really be used for anything else.

TheJaspMan

#49 Post by TheJaspMan »

Radio Shack sucks these days. They sell more computer, tv and cell phone stuff than electronics these days. I really couldn't find much useful stuff. In fact I had to go to three diffrent locations just to get the stuff off the list.

02Cannibal

#50 Post by 02Cannibal »

I agree! It's getting harder and harder to find do-it-yourself parts these days.