OT question

pdavis

OT question

#1 Post by pdavis »

i know this is a little off topic but...
my problem is that my son (2 1/2 yrs old) threw a golf ball down the toilet last night, i tried to "snake" it out and short of removing the toilet, anyone have suggestions as to how to remove the ball, it is still stuck, the tub water drains fine but the toilet backs up evertime, (good thing the inlaws live across the street)
thanks in advance

OCMANJOE

j

#2 Post by OCMANJOE »

depending on wear the ball is stuck you could try a plunger

pdavis

#3 Post by pdavis »

i tried the plunger, next is the shop vac, if no luck, i guess i am pulling the toilet off this weekend sad.gif :mad: :wow

thomez

#4 Post by thomez »

Save your time and pull the toilet now... it isn't that bad ... get a new wax ring while you are at it unless you are confident in the old one .... be careful trying to use any kind of power snake through the toilet .. easy to spin them around and crack the toilet doing so... been there done that ... gotta love the little ones!

JeffQuadShop

#5 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Are you sure its a golf ball? Do we need to send you a fruit basket?

pdavis

#6 Post by pdavis »

i have an extra wax ring, i didnt use a power snake, i know how britle the camodes,
this is the second one i have installed, the first one snapped when i tightened the two bolts holding it down, and i didnt really crank it down, just snugged it down and snap!

Jaybr

#7 Post by Jaybr »

Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Are you sure its a golf ball? Do we need to send you a fruit basket?

:rotf :rotf :rotf

pdavis

#8 Post by pdavis »

Jeff, you have issues:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf
but that was pretty funny

JeffQuadShop

#9 Post by JeffQuadShop »

tongue.gif

TheJaspMan

#10 Post by TheJaspMan »

I agree with Thomez. Pull the thing. A golf ball is probably the worst thing to get stuck in a drain. Darn things are almost perfect in size to clog up nice and tight.

A snake could push it further into the line. If you use a shop vac turn the water off before trying to suck it out. otherwise you'll spend all your time emptying the vac.

I recently had to remove a Matchbox car that my two year old thought would be cool to flush. :drink: