going to cannondale

Jumbo747

going to cannondale

#1 Post by Jumbo747 »

im on exriders alot & im thinking of buying a cannondale very soon & selling my 400ex. I am looking at a cannondale speed right now & have no experience with them. Which one is best for XC & tight trails? are they as dependable as my 400ex? are they faster top speed then my 400ex? how do the stock cannondale shocks compare to the stock 400ex shocks? whats the differnce between the cannondale cannibal, blaze, & speed?

pdavis

#2 Post by pdavis »

there are 5 model quads , cannible, speed, clamis, blaze and moto.
all but the moto and clamis are good for tight woods, the moto is set up for mx with wide a-arms and wide axle and the clamis is set up for the dunes, all have the same motor, but you can change the mapping on them to change "power bands" the maps are available on this site for free but you must have a
D&M kit to change maps, also available from this site (but not free) about 300 dollars, there is a list of update that should be done to the motor to ensure that is lives for a long time, those updates total will cost you about $200-250, but for the money you spend in updates, you will save in rebuild cost if you dont have them. then you can race/ride the crap out of it and when you are riding with your buddies that are on 400 ex's, when you get to the end of your trail or ride you might have to sit there a few mins till they show up, there is NO comparison in power, with equal riding abilities, the dale will leave the ex EVERY time

Happyboy

#3 Post by Happyboy »

Oh so true. These things are performance machines! With that there are drawbacks too. If you do not like working on your bike then the Dale is not for you. I know of alot of people that don't have to do anything to theirs but the chance is out there that you may have to work on it. These things take more time to work on, even the small things, but the return is great.

To change the spark plug you have to remove the rear plastic, remove the fuel tank, have a socket wrench with extension and a long set of needle nose pliars to get the plug out. Lesson here is just don't foul your plug.

To adjust your valves you have to drop the motor out of the bike. Sounds like alot of work, but its not hard work. Just alot of intimidating hoses and wires.

If this stuff scares you then think hard about the Dale. But I promise, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty and love whipping the **** outta your friends then buy a dale.

A very HAPPY Dale owner..

JeffQuadShop

#4 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Its no more maintenance than a 450R or YFZ450 and is actually easier to do motor work than those two. Those two bikes also have to take fenders and tank off to change a plug.

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

I believe alot of the guys who were complaining about the maintenance on the dales before won't be when they see the new line of quad out there. With performance comes work...

NRath

Kind of off the topic, but...

#6 Post by NRath »

I found out this past weekend that changing a plug on a YFZ is the same size chore as a C'dale- pull the plastic and the gas tank.

Back to the subject- you could put a monkey on a C'dale and smoke an EX. No offense, but there the C'dale is in a totally different league. And I second what Happyboy and PDavis posted.

Jumbo747

#7 Post by Jumbo747 »

this one thats the one i might buy for $4000....I dont like to do alot of work on four wheelers...I know how to do small things like changing the plug & messing with cables but I know nothing of the inside of a motor....this cannondale speed has all of this:

'02 Cannondale Speed for sale all updates have been done.Blaze mapping,Douglas ultimate billet beadlocks,Holeshot tires with 95% tread,24 volt dual battery setup,Aarens a arms,Ohlins ZPS shocks,skids all the way around,400 EX steering stem bushing conversion,new never mounted red/black stock plastic,new never mounted graphics/gripper seat cover,billet side covers,new chain/sprockets,HMF exhaust,misc extra parts.Asking $4000.

I can sell my 400ex locally for about $3000 so then I just have to ask myself if it will be worth $1000 more than my 400ex...? what is the top speed on the road for one of these things & how do the stock shocks compare to the 400ex's stock shocks? just trieng to see how much more money ill have to dump into it....are the ZPS shocks on this any good? never ridden with ZPS before....

JeffQuadShop

#8 Post by JeffQuadShop »

It looks like that one has our Elka SSD conversion. They work very well! I've seen that quad somewere before.

Jumbo747

#9 Post by Jumbo747 »

its bill fullers, im going to clarksville tomorrow with my dad to look at it...I hope I can sell my 400ex for $3k soon so my dad will hurry up & loan me $1k

JeffQuadShop

#10 Post by JeffQuadShop »

What a punk! Wait till I get ahold of him!:mad: