hypothetical question

LapTraffic

#1 Post by LapTraffic »

Tainted, Im a new Dale owner, and am new to quads in general, the Dale is not intimidating to work on nor is it's maintenance cycle ride prohibitive.

Its a high performance machine. It needs you to service it a little more frequently than your standard run of the mill bike.

If you bought a Z and turned it into a high performance machine you would be in the same boat.

If maintenance has you down, buy a utility, my friend has one thats 2 years old and he hasnt changed the oil in it yet, still runs like a top.

Take my advice, go test ride one you'll know at that point if it's for you or not.

Cannibal440

#2 Post by Cannibal440 »

All I can say is, go find a dealer that has the room to let you ride the Z400 (at least so you can get into 3rd). Then do the same at your friendly neighborhood cannondale dealer. There is really no comparison between the power of the Dale and the Z400. Not to be mean or anything, cause I was really wanting a Z400 till i rode a Cannondale, and after having ridden both there was no way I could live with the Z. The magazines really don't accurately depict just how big the difference in power is. Judge for yourself.

LapTraffic

#3 Post by LapTraffic »

Originally posted by Cannibal440
after having ridden both there was no way I could live with the Z. The magazines really don't accurately depict just how big the difference in power is. Judge for yourself.

Preach on!

The ride is the difference, you can sit and pontificate over this endlessly.

One ride will settle the issue.

Come on Tainted, Ive been telling you that since day one, go ride it.

Ryanstones

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

Dude, your going to have to work on either of those machines sooner or later. Quads break when ridden the way sport riders do. Regular maintenance requirements aren't that different. I know that you are on the Z boards too and have seen they have their share of problems too. So the question is do you want to learn how to work on the TRUE hi performance quad made in america, or a fast 400EX knockoff with questionable rear suspension manners? I presume the Z to be a little easier, but is the generic machine and inferior performance worth that? Your call man. Get what you want is the key.

CdaleRacer0128

#5 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

same here i test road it n im only 15, also if u are really worried about ht maintenence go to cdales website, and read over the online owners manual, i actually read it a few times wiht my dad adn we saw that it isnt oh that hard, and then i asked a few ?'s on here got the tools that imma need and now were justwating for my warrior to sell so we can go pick my blue n silver one up

Redman

#6 Post by Redman »

No question which quad I was going to get when I had a $6300 check in my hand. THE BEST **** QUAD OUT THERE!

I have owned my model #300 cannibal since march of 2002. Got a deal on it. It was a demo model. I have not had 1 problem with this machine. I have owned hopped up 250Rs and a 400ex. I love to get my hands dirty, so I don't mind a 1/2 hour oil change avery other month. Before every ride i look at my machine. After I ride I wash the dale, then oil the chain, then lube ball joints, check oil level and coolant level. Then it is ready to ride the next time I want to go out.

I did this procedure with every quad I've owned.

jcv440

#7 Post by jcv440 »

Yeah tainted,

I'll ditto everyone's quotes. And I've also invited you up to ride one! Talk your dad into it, it'll be worth the 4 hr drive. I'll let your Dad jump on the Moto even...we just won't tell him that with a pipe and a re-map....a Cannibal will run just like it. :cool:

Seriously, there's gotta be a Suzuki dealership between you and I, take a Z for a ride, then come on up. We have a larger field now, and you can use all 18 acres of it to get a good feel for it.

LapTraffic

#8 Post by LapTraffic »

Tainted, we've answered these questions a few times.

It might be better at this point for you to answer for yourself what you are willing to do.

Regularly scheduled maintenance like oil changes and fuel filter should take place on about a 5 hour engine cycle time. Less depending on how hard you ride.

and that's it.

You dont tinker incessantly with jetting or air box mods or bigger carbs or a new type of airfilter or this head that gives me a little higher compression etc. It's done, you go ride it till your eyeballs go dry, do your normal maintenance and that's it.

The reliability question has already been addressed

And for cryin out loud, go ride the bike smile.gif

LapTraffic

#9 Post by LapTraffic »

I dont know how far Kane, PA is from you but one of our forum members JVC440 offered you a ride.

Dont you have fake id or something?

Man I was gettin into rated R movies at your age... what's up with todays youth?

smile.gif

Redman

#10 Post by Redman »

Go to atvaddiction.com and look up z400mxking. He has one.