quad wars...

JeffQuadShop

#1 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Yep, I did it for several years here in Louisville. It got old because its all fixed like WWF!rolleyes.gif

jcv440

#2 Post by jcv440 »

Seen it....definitely DO NOT LIKE IT!!! It portrays us as a bunch of punks on 4 wheelers....NOT the kind of ATV racing I want to see on TV...or the public seeing.

I would rather pull my toe nails out with a pair of channel locks than watch that tastless crap...

Redman

#3 Post by Redman »

I'd like to see any kind off atv racing on T.V. GNCC are cool but I like jumps and woops. Ya its fake but its entertainment.

Its now called WWE.

Ryanstones

funny story...

#4 Post by Ryanstones »

I did a small promoters event in a smalllllll basketball gym last year. It was hilarious, quads spinnin everywhere! All my buds were pretty determined to win so we werent play acting the "reckless redneck".

here's what i posted then:
Sat March 02, 2002 1:40 PM

What a riot. I rode with 9 buddies last night in the, (deep announcer voice), OUTLAW QUAD WARS!!! at a monster truck show in Mobile, Al. The track was supposed to be dirt, but when we got there we found a polyurethane coated concrete floor with a thick coat of dried pancake syrup! something about the trucks not being able to turn, Don't ask, I don't know. It was kinda hard to break the tires loose but when you did you couldn't control it and spin, spin, spin. The banshees and 250r's seemed to have it the worst. The first heat had 2 stock warriors, a DS650, a 400ex, and mod banshee. The DS would have won but stopped for unknown reasons while a stock warrior crossed in first. The second heat had 2 250r's, a banshee, the cannibal and a stock 400. Again, the stock tired four stroke, 400 came in first. Without Nerf bars, I was just trying to stay out of the banging and come out unscathed. In the 15 lap main,with all 10 runnin, quads were spinnin all over but no real collisions til the 250r's took each other out in the 13th lap. After 3 laps, I couldn't get the 'dale to slide at all and pretty much 2-3 wheeled the rest of the way for a 4th place. The winner: bone stock 2001 Warrior. Dude was in quad heaven! The point of this whole story is that I GOT PAID TO RIDE! $50. That was great and it was a lot of fun. """

here's a pic of the main. I started 3rd row. LMAO
biggrin.gif

Ryanstones

holdin off the banshees

#5 Post by Ryanstones »

:cool: LOL

TricityCdale

Woo Hoo!

#6 Post by TricityCdale »

We've done that here as well. It's a blast! The first one we did was on ice. 1500 sheet metal screws later, it was still squirrly.biggrin.gif One of the 250R's ended up breaking a front spindle from a collision, that was the only damage. You shoulda seen all the spinnin' going on!

This last November, we did it on Coke syrup on concrete. That was fun also. It was supposed to be just for fun, but we were goin' at it! The Dale did good in this one. I put some Hoosiers on it and lowered it and it hooked up.

There is nothing like riding in a stadium full of people, not having to pay an entry fee and getting paid to ride! Man!!biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

LapTraffic

#7 Post by LapTraffic »

LOL

Right on man!

Dried pancake syrup? smile.gif

jcv440

#8 Post by jcv440 »

That stuff doesn't sound as bad as the ones I've seen. They where throwing their helmets at each other and wrestling and purposely taking people out of the race. That's the stuff I didn't like...

Sorry to sound so harsh...

JeffQuadShop

#9 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Ya, thats the what we had to do...fake fights! I ended up getting kicked out. The guy that put it on id always the winner so when I got tired of doing it I went out and smoked his arss in the main race. He was pissed and told me I could never come back!rolleyes.gif

LapTraffic

LMFAO

#10 Post by LapTraffic »

smile.gif