got a new bike y'all

cdrookie

#11 Post by cdrookie »

i'm not so sure about the resale thing. look in any cycle trader or online classifieds/auctions and there's more harleys on there than any manufacturer. which means... your bike better be super nice or very reasonably priced if you want to sell it. the same harleys are for sale everytime i look in the trader paper. different models with different options/accessories are also more valuable. i know some guys who were insulted when they looked to trade theirs in.

anyways, i just got off my gixxer after a 2 hour ride. i think i need a harley! man is that thing uncomfortable. have fun and watch out, crazy old women are everywhere! and get one of those AF1 turbo kits for it...smile.gif

EuroGOD

#12 Post by EuroGOD »

Personally, I hate the things! Not just for their agricultural vibrator of an engine, but also the stigma attatched with the whole "outlaw" image...

That's why I'm in the process of hoarding all the necessary parts to build one :drink:
It'll be raked, stretched and rigid in a bare basic wheels-frame-engine style. I'm thinking 6' forks, no front brake, suicide shift, foot clutch and the necessary " black suede" paintjob. (If you're young and don't know what suede paint is then ask your grandpappy!)

justfine

Yes it is.

#13 Post by justfine »

It is a 2004 Harley Night Train. I have already been offered more than I paid for it, so it is not too bad of an investment.

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

Guys let me clear this up a little. I have been around street bikes for over 15 yrs. Alot longer than quads. I know a Harley is an investment and yes they do look very good. My problem is that people don't realize the values are high because Harley limits production. I know this creates demand, but for in my mind a bike that is inferior in quality and durability to other bikes out on the market. I am going to repeat this I do like Harley's. I just don't agree with how much you pay for an underpowered machine that isn't as reliable as a machine half it's price....

I don't mean to offend anyone.

At least when Cannondale came out with these quads they wanted to be cutting edge and not use decades old technology.