reliability of dales?

Jumbo747

#11 Post by Jumbo747 »

thanks wistech...the engine im getting has every update doen except the one where the oil spits into the airboc or whatever but if that problem arrises I think I can handle that by doing whatever you have to do with a T clamp. :head:

CdaleRacer0128

#12 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

Originally posted by Jumbo747
thanks wistech...the engine im getting has every update doen except the one where the oil spits into the airboc or whatever but if that problem arrises I think I can handle that by doing whatever you have to do with a T clamp. :head:

there ya go your learning already! smile.gif

Jumbo747

#13 Post by Jumbo747 »

im scared to leave honda....there all iv'e ever been with & I always make fun of my yamaha friends & they are allready making fun of me saying they break down & stuff & that cannondale makes bicycles, not motorcycles & atv's...do you thionk the cannondale engine can make 300 hours a year without blowing up?

wistech

#14 Post by wistech »

Man just look at whats most important to you. Ive owned nothing but Honda since 1983. Ill buy a yfz or gasgas before I support them again. Cannondale opened my eyes to what this sport could become.

Jumbo747

#15 Post by Jumbo747 »

Originally posted by wistech
Man just look at whats most important to you.  Ive owned nothing but Honda since 1983.  Ill buy a yfz or gasgas before I support them again.  Cannondale opened my eyes to what this sport could become.
you probably race & know alot about an engines enternals...i on the other hand do neither...we are from seperate worlds

CdaleRacer0128

#16 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

my goal this year is to hit over 3 national GNC races and every local race on the weekends national's arent. so far i have done this and already have about 20 hours on my bike since end of february. by the end of the season with 2 practice days a week ill definately have around 300 hours hopefully. At that time ill tell you,and will guarentee you this quad will make it

Jumbo747

#17 Post by Jumbo747 »

im not gonna ride the crap outta the dale...I ride the roads alot so top speed will be used a bit but this isnt hard on the engine is it? I will then ride tight traisl...I ride everyday though with my friends & especially on the weekends...i guess im just gonna buy it & keep my fingers crossed,.

wistech

#18 Post by wistech »

I trail ride mostly with a little duning but I ride as fast as it will go and I tend to over rev the shat out of it.

Jumbo747

#19 Post by Jumbo747 »

Originally posted by wistech
I trail ride mostly with a little duning but I ride as fast as it will go and I tend to over rev the shat out of it.
good news to hear....i hope to hurry up & get rid of my slow 400ex & get this dale

Happyboy

ride at top speed?

#20 Post by Happyboy »

Holy crap, hang on tight man. I have had my dale for a couple of months now and I still have yet to hit full speed. I may have gotton into 5th once or twice so far. Maybe at the dunes I will open her up all the way. I gotta tell ya, in a race with a 400 ex, once you hit second, its all over. The next time you see them is once you turn the dale around at and see that they are just crossing the finish line. But to be fair, it is only a 400ex. Totally different machine.

I have ridden it pretty hard the last couple of months with no probs, other than I just love tearing it down. I keep playing with something. New Winky steering bearing will be here tommorrow! Jumbo, just take care of it and you will be ok. Chances are you will not have any REAL issues, but if you do, just hit the boards and the techs on here will take care of you.