is a dale for me???

andy9743

is a dale for me???

#1 Post by andy9743 »

i have a 400ex now and i love it. i trail ride hard and just play ride. i'm very happy with the 400. i beat the crap out of it and then throw it in the barn, she starts everytime and is always willing to go. i'm thinking about getting a dale, but i'm not all about all kinds of maintance. i'm fine with changing oil, doing the filter, greasing and lubing, but i've heard alot of things about dales being"high maintance"? i'm looking for a new ride, but i would like to know what i'm getting into. also what's the difference in the models blaze, speed, cannibal, moto? what would be best for what i'd use it for? i just trail ride no serious racing. also there isn't a dealer anywhere near me which isn't a problem unless i have a major problem, what goes wrong with them? what's common? what's the deal with the updates? and what's the thing that everyone askes if you have or not (to check fuel delivery etc?) when they have a problem? any tips for buying a used dale?

thanks
andy
andy9743@aol.com

NRath

#2 Post by NRath »

I'd say it's not for you. Not because they aren't dependable, but I see it like this. A Cannondale is like a Ferrari, your Honda is like a Toyota (but not QUITE as reliable!). A Ferrari owner is a meticulous person. They typically don't drive the snot out of it and park it. They'll clean it afterwards. Look it over problems or loose bolts and know about it in depth. The kind of attention that makes wives and girlfiends jealous. IMO, most C'dale owners are very meticulous with maintenance and spend more time than the average person making sure the machine is going to perform at it's peak the next time they get it out. All quads should have attention like that to keep them performing at the top of their game.

TheJaspMan

Re: is a dale for me???

#3 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by andy9743
i have a 400ex now and i love it.  i trail ride hard and just play ride.  i'm very happy with the 400.  i beat the crap out of it and then throw it in the barn, she starts everytime and is always willing to go.  i'm thinking about getting a dale, but i'm not all about all kinds of maintance.  i'm fine with changing oil, doing the filter, greasing and lubing, but i've heard alot of things about dales being"high maintance"?   i'm looking for a new ride, but i would like to know what i'm getting into.  also what's the difference in the models blaze, speed, cannibal, moto?  what would be best for what i'd use it for?  i just trail ride no serious racing.  also there isn't a dealer anywhere near me which isn't a problem unless i have a major problem, what goes wrong with them?  what's common?  what's the deal with the updates?  and what's the thing that everyone askes if you have or not (to check fuel delivery etc?) when they have a problem?  any tips for buying a used dale?

thanks
andy
andy9743@aol.com

Stick with the 400ex. It can take that kind of abuse and stay running. A Cdale requires more maintnence than it sounds like you are willing to provide.

A Cdale is not a lawn mower. It's a high performance, fuel injected, electronically controlled machine. I am a huge fan of the 400ex, always have been. But there is nothing fancy about the engineering of it.

It's the same comparison of buying a Vulcan or Nighthawk campared to a Harley. Anyone who owns or has owned a Harley will tell you that without TLC it's gonna die or fail at the worst possible times.

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Another comparison.
400EX vs. Dale
Sandra Bullock vs. Heather Locklear

Sandra is a cute and all around nice girl. Heather Locklear is the bad girl that likes to go all night and you know you would love to show her off. But Heather is high maintance! You gotta take care of her or she is going to cost you a butt load. Sandra would be the nice girl that you would take home and give normal care too.

Fortunately for me, I like the 400EX and would take it or Sandra home anyday. I just love the high of walking around with Heather in public.

Ah ****, it was just a dream...... :cry:

TheJaspMan

#5 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by Happyboy
Another comparison.  
400EX vs. Dale

Sandra is a cute and all around nice girl.  Heather Locklear is the bad girl that likes to go all night and you know you would love to show her off.  But Heather is high maintance!  You gotta take care of her or she is going to cost you a butt load.  Sandra would be the nice girl that you would take home and give normal care too.

Fortunately for me, I like the 400EX and would take it or Sandra home anyday.  I just love the high of walking around with Heather in public.  

Happy... you're scaring me man. :no:

Ryanstones

That's a funny Happy!

#6 Post by Ryanstones »

:rotf

garysol1

#7 Post by garysol1 »

Sandra and Heather..together.....Hmmmmm......it would be 5 seconds of paradice tongue.gif

Another comparison.  
400EX vs. Dale

Sandra is a cute and all around nice girl.  Heather Locklear is the bad girl that likes to go all night and you know you would love to show her off.  But Heather is high maintance!  You gotta take care of her or she is going to cost you a butt load.  Sandra would be the nice girl that you would take home and give normal care too.

Fortunately for me, I like the 400EX and would take it or Sandra home anyday.  I just love the high of walking around with Heather in public.  

thomez

#8 Post by thomez »

I'd take Sandra and wouldn't think twice about it! :head:

Just not for my 4-wheeler... :drink:

TheJaspMan

#9 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by thomez
I'd take Sandra and wouldn't think twice about it! :head:

Just not for my 4-wheeler... :drink:

...well, maybe for a Blaster. :eek:

Motoman440

#10 Post by Motoman440 »

Another comparison.  
400EX vs. Dale

Thats pretty good!!! LOL!!!